Author Topic: Zero miles 400/4 Never PDI'd WOW!  (Read 1861 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline tom400f

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Zero miles 400/4 Never PDI'd WOW!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 10:39:10 AM »
Truly a time capsule, especially as it's a swing arm rear foot rests one
1978 CB400F2 Yellow
1995 VFR750FS Red
1997 VFR750FV Lapis Blue
2013 Yamaha FZ8 Grey

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 11:39:05 AM »
Hi Tom,

The swing arm footrests were maintained right through production on all but European spec bikes..ie it was "only" Europe who got the frame mounted pillion footrests. My bike is a '77 F2 USA & indeed (as you know) has the swing arm mounted 'rests. Oz definitely had swing arm 'rests... which would fit in with NZ I guess.

Why Honda had to make it do complicated is anyone's guess... the differently mounted horn I can understand (facing forward USA)... the side-stand which flicks up on ground contact... yea understand,... the F2 fuel tank cap (USA)... yea understand... the steering lock (USA via ign switch) don't understand... these could have so easily been applied across the board & could have surely saved Honda significant costs.

Lights etc a different matter... appreciated.

Cheers,
Simon

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 02:56:49 PM »
Surely one for DSS's museum?

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 08:15:40 PM »
Quite a bit of engine casing corrosion for a bike kept indoors on display, I'd expect a perfect example for that sort of money.

When I was working at Queens Park Motors in Salford the owner, Clive, kept a CB350K4 upstairs still in it's crate, it had already been there for some years before I started, the box was torn by someone so they could look inside, it was the green version IIRC, I always wondered what happened to it when QPM shut, anyone remember it going up for sale? It was still there in the late 80s AFAIK, so would have been somewhere in the 90s when it was sold on.

I used to try to invent business trips to a factory subsidiary of the firm I worked for at the time,  in Salford,  in the mid 80's because QPM used to sell of NOS parts, at the same time DS started selling parts too. Got quite a few parts from them for my 400/4. Not sure when they closed down.

Cheers .. AshD
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal