Author Topic: New member with fairly old Honda  (Read 1082 times)

Offline Rumpelkrankshaft

• View Profile
New member with fairly old Honda
« on: May 28, 2014, 01:35:28 PM »
Greetings all from a shed just south of Nottingham. For the past 22 years I've been lucky enough to own a  CB550F1 first reg. June 1977 which must be one of the latest ones. It's done some 65000 miles,22 of those '000s with me on it and it's never failed to get me home! Almost all of it is original ex-factory,I've replaced the front fender and complete exhaust system with the correct Honda parts, that was done some 20 years ago,the engine is on standard bores but I can't guarantee it's the original engine. I have done little to it other than replace the cam chain 8000 miles ago and replace the clutch mainshaft bearing last year. Still in its original paint,most of the chrome still excellent altho' a little faded on the wheel rims. It's a lovely looking bike and I have had people ask me if I restored it myself the reply being-`This is more or less as it left the factory' As regards handling I still think it out-handled the Hinckley Bonneville I once owned. Just for something completely different I've also got a 1953  Royal Enfield 350 Bullet Of which I know the complete history. Oh,nearly forgot-know all but the first5 years of the Honda's history. That's quite enough from me-will post some pictures soon. Bye all.

Offline mickwinf

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: New member with fairly old Honda
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 09:39:49 PM »
welcome mate, love the 550s and nice to see original ones.
Love the 500 and 550 have a 500 called Lazarus under restoration

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 10:02:53 PM »
Welcome and enjoy :)

ka-ja

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 04:08:15 PM »
Hi,
    Welcome to the madness!----ken

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal