Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 925 times)

Bodd

Greetings
« on: June 28, 2014, 03:00:36 PM »
I didn't realize there was a UK site until today as I stumbled across a reference to it on the http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php which I have been a member of since I got my very first SOHC Honda, you may think that is a long time but it's not really as last year was the first time I ever owned a Honda of any description after many years of having bikes, it may be a swear word on here but I have mainly had "Yamahas" during my biking years. In 2011/2012 I restored a Yamaha RD250E back to it's former glory which I've had since I was 17, it's actually the bike I passed my test on when I was 17, the plan was to sell it but when it was finished I couldn't bring myself to part with it, this is where the Honda comes in, as the 250E was a full on restoration I had to stick to a rigid build plan and everything had to be authentic, especially as I am a member of an Aircooled 2 stroke club and was being scrutinized by the "RD police", when I finished I decided to get a bike of similar period and make it as I want it rather than restore it to factory spec, so I decided on making a cafe racer, the bike of choice turned out to be a 1976 CB400 F1, my very first Honda, as I have no attachment to the bike the plan is to sell it when complete but I am now quite a way into the restoration/conversion and parting with it may not be as easy as I first thought. I can't really comment on what it is like to own/ride one of these bikes yet as the only ride I had was when it arrived and I got to the first corner of our road and ended up on the pavement, the brakes didn't work even though it still had 10 months of the MOT to run, below in my signature is a link to the build, there is also a link to the finished RD250E for those of you who dare venture in that direction.

-Bodd
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 04:46:47 PM by Bodd »

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 06:27:46 PM »
Welcome and have to say like your build format.You have made a great job of both bikes.
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 08:36:09 PM »
Hi bodd and welcome i had a quick skip through your first link, wow you seem to have it all sussed out, enjoy the forums
BTW love the RD takes me back to the days me and my mates used to race the streets on these and kh 250's
pete

Offline mickwinf

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 10:31:54 PM »
That 400 is looking great, fantastic work.
Love the 500 and 550 have a 500 called Lazarus under restoration

Bodd

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 08:15:47 AM »
Thanks For the warm welcome guys.

@ UK Pete, I still do that, note the authentic 70's/80's riding attire and the hand hovering over the clutch lever on a 2 stroke technique. What's the saying ? "Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional".

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal