Author Topic: Customs charges on refunded items  (Read 1159 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Customs charges on refunded items
« on: July 16, 2014, 08:47:56 AM »
I bought some parts from a guy on eBay USA recently and they turned out not to be as described (aren't they all  ::) ). However, to be fair to the seller, it seems like a genuine error and he refunded me 50% of the selling price and the parts were a bargain anyway (apart from customs charges and Parcelforce's hike) and I can still use them. Not that I can be bothered to chase up but what's the situation regarding goods refunded and the customs charges, is there any kind of refund? Anyone know?

cheers ... AshD
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Customs charges on refunded items
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 12:14:45 PM »
I think cut the losses and save yourself some hassle, these sort of people (customs that is) are very slow and anoying typical pen pushes without a care in the world, a bit like DVLA
PETE

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 02:53:50 PM »
I think cut the losses and save yourself some hassle, these sort of people (customs that is) are very slow and anoying typical pen pushes without a care in the world, a bit like DVLA
PETE

Point taken Pete, only talking £30 charges here  but imagine if it was an item for a couple of grand, the charges would be a few hundred. There must be some ruling on it.

Cheers ..AshD
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 05:02:13 PM »
Yes worth investigating i think
pete

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 05:43:46 PM »
I did get a refund on an over estimated c22 form but it took over 6 months for £10 and I only carried on 'cos the government seem to have longer arms than my pocket is deep---Hence the home brew bio in the pickup!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal