Author Topic: PMs (Personal Messages)  (Read 2195 times)

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
PMs (Personal Messages)
« on: July 27, 2014, 08:52:16 PM »
A couple of members have posted recently saying that PMs don't always get through.

I watch the server logs (sad, I know) and can confirm that the system works perfectly...

Some reasons why you don't get a response once you've sent a PM:

1. The recipient has changed their email address and never received the email notification (please make sure the email address in your profile is correct)
2. The recipient hasn't noticed the [1] next to the "My Messages" menu item
3. Once read, the [1] goes away (it just indicates unread messages) and it is easy to forget
4. They really don't want to talk to you...

Also, please don't "Reply to" the notification email as I get them on the admin account. The notification emails are sent from the server, not from the other party. To reply to a PM, go to "My Messages"

Don't forget that you have a "Sent Messages" folder as well as an "Inbox" so you can see what you have sent in the past.

Steve
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: PMs (Personal Messages)
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 06:32:21 AM »
I am one of the 'Members' Steve (not the punk band!  ::) )
I get the PM's if I look on the site in 'My Messages but no email telling me I have a message. I used to get them but since one of them mysteriously went to you by mistake I don't seem to get them now. No worries anyway as I usually get a PM sent post, saying 'PM sent'  Thanks for all of your efforts Steve.

Best regards... Ash
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 06:34:02 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 10:42:07 AM »
I suspect i my case the pm's misscarrying has another cause, an internet connetion from the stone age, often even viewing a photo can take several minutes to show on the screen, and things have recently gotten worse with no internet connection for hours or days at a time, yes it is a broadband connection, not dial up...... :o
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 04:11:09 PM »
I am one of the 'Members' Steve (not the punk band!  ::) )
I get the PM's if I look on the site in 'My Messages but no email telling me I have a message. I used to get them but since one of them mysteriously went to you by mistake I don't seem to get them now. No worries anyway as I usually get a PM sent post, saying 'PM sent'  Thanks for all of your efforts Steve.

Best regards... Ash

Did get a notification by email of a PM
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 04:24:29 PM »
I did check your profile Ash and it is all set up correctly to receive emails (as long as the email address is current of course...)

Steve
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline RGP750

• SOHC Master
  • "always look on the bright side of life"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 08:20:39 PM »
Thanks Steve for your time and effort,and keeping us(me) on the straight and narrow.
 :D
1972 500/4
1973 CB175
1972 CB175
1959 BSA Super rocket
1927 960cc Matchless 'v' twin
1969 750 K0

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal