Author Topic: Mecum auction Sandcast sold $13k... that's more like a decent price!!  (Read 2543 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Bargain....b'sard!!

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Someone got a top bargain and the exchange rate made it even cheaper. James, you sat on the fence too long on that one.

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Didn't even know about it!!!

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Didn't even know about it!!!

PM sent...its going to a good UK home but not mine!! I am strictly a UK K0 kind of a guy, from the Steff camp!!

Cheers ...Ash
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 12:29:40 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Seems like Dave Silvers bought this  ;) cheers Mick.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Good on him. What a bargain...

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Good on him. What a bargain...

Great original bike, and phew ! what a steal at around 8 grand inc fees, looking forward to seeing his museum
pete

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Very little response and a cool reception over at SOOC on my post on this. They usually post a barrage of comments about non-standard items, etc so from that I assume it's as described by the auction. Let's face it we will never possibly see the two PP bikes, just locked away as an investment or unloved but good on David for buying this and letting us all see it. The other Bob Logue collection bikes he bought, evidently cannot be resold. I bet that the likes of  Vic World, Freddy, Frank & MrMonkeyclaw are kicking themselves for not spotting it!

A fellow CB250K0 restorer who also has a 500/4 has asked if his bikes can be exhibited in the museum and David has provisionally agreed, once insurance is sorted out and of course when the building is finished.

Attached the Beaulieu museum K0, which ChrisR once owned and the new owner exhibits at Beaulieu. Don't know if there is one in the Sammy Miller Museum.

Cheers .. Ash

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
Re: Mecum auction Sandcast sold $13k... that's more like a decent price!!
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 11:24:34 PM »
I am strictly a UK K0 kind of a guy, from the Steff camp!!

;)" you are awful but I do like you" and I ain't camp either ash  :-* but I would love to own dick emery's old CB750 if I could hold of it, he was one of my favorite comics .
hmm another sandcast coming to old blighty ,soon there will be more of them  over here than the original UK designated  K0's it can only add too the rarity of our UK bikes ash  ::)
 a question for all you old sages and notables  out there, does anybody know the actual number of CB750's that was sent to the UK in 1970?
I would have thought they only came in small numbers  ;)
or even better still if we started a register of all the UK sohc bikes , like they do on the sandcast site @Steve hint hint

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Mecum auction Sandcast sold $13k... that's more like a decent price!!
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 12:18:34 AM »
I am strictly a UK K0 kind of a guy, from the Steff camp!!

;)" you are awful but I do like you" and I ain't camp either ash  :-* but I would love to own dick emery's old CB750 if I could hold of it, he was one of my favorite comics .
hmm another sandcast coming to old blighty ,soon there will be more of them  over here than the original UK designated  K0's it can only add too the rarity of our UK bikes ash  ::)
 a question for all you old sages and notables  out there, does anybody know the actual number of CB750's that was sent to the UK in 1970?
I would have thought they only came in small numbers  ;)
or even better still if we started a register of all the UK sohc bikes , like they do on the sandcast site @Steve hint hint

I have often wondered how many myself  Steff,  I guess not too many in Jan 1970 when I assume mine (built 10/69)  was imported but not reg 1st May 1970. I will ask ChrisR,  he may know and I do know he does know of the fate of  many of the first bikes imported. I did once hear that No.3 into the UK was never sold and its engine went straight into a sidecar outfit. The rest of the bike was sold for parts for more than the bike cost because Honda UK  had no real parts supply yet. Don't know how true that is. Yes that Dick Emery bike would be a really nice one to own. He was camp but he certainly had plenty of women if you watch the documentary on him.

Cheers .. Ash
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 12:20:20 AM by AshimotoK0 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal