Author Topic: What is it with me and DK?  (Read 4247 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
What is it with me and DK?
« on: August 19, 2014, 10:57:56 AM »
Bought a CB350 camshaft last week from DK. Very rare as they never usually strip 350 twin engines.
Normally they pack stuff really nicely but this was wrapped in a piece of bubble wrap and then in a plastic bag. result ...see attached  :'(

Phoned them rather than opening an issue with eBay and they are short on staff this week but promising a replacement, which surprises me as they never will normally strip a CB350 twin engine. But what a shame to see such a rare part scrap due to crappy packaging/courier (DPD).

Cheers ...AshD
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: What is it with me and DK?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 11:07:18 AM »
be glad you didn't fit it,that looks like a faulty casting,

I can't imagine the force required to break/shear that off,

glad your getting a replacement
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 11:26:18 AM »
Ash
Feel for you that drives me nuts and what a bloody waste.Wait to the replacement arrives b4 celebrating
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 01:12:42 PM »
Bought a CB350 camshaft last week from DK. Very rare as they never usually strip 350 twin engines.
Normally they pack stuff really nicely but this was wrapped in a piece of bubble wrap and then in a plastic bag. result ...see attached  :'(

Phoned them rather than opening an issue with eBay and they are short on staff this week but promising a replacement, which surprises me as they never will normally strip a CB350 twin engine. But what a shame to see such a rare part scrap due to crappy packaging/courier (DPD).

Cheers ...AshD

Never underestimate the force of a courier driver chucking stuff around  ::). Obviously a weak point where the auto-advance mechanism locating pin is fitted.

Cheers ...AshD
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 02:39:12 PM »
As you say , lucky they have another, I usually  get my items from them packed extremely well
Pete

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 04:00:32 PM »
I think I only ever had one dk spares item, a brake caliper, and dpd took a week of lame excuses before delivering a box that whilst the contents were well protected in multiple layers of bubble wrap, the box itself looked like it had been well kicked around. Personally I have had and heard of more issues with dpd than any other courier.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 05:18:36 PM »
I'm not going to bad mouth DK they sent me a brand new k1 rear mudguard by mistake it has picked up a small scratch but I wont be complaining.

Mick
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 05:39:21 PM »
I'm not going to bad mouth DK they sent me a brand new k1 rear mudguard by mistake it has picked up a small scratch but I wont be complaining.

Mick

Not really bad mouthing them. To be fair they offer stuff at reasonable prices. I think I am just unlucky with them. They certainly have a no quibble returns policy and always pleasant on the phone?

Anyone know their actual email address as I can't send any pics via eBay of the damage. I tried the one in their contact details on eBay but it just bounces back.

Cheers  ...Ash

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 08:26:26 PM »
I have always had a good relationship with DK. I bought a sub harness and a full harness arrived. Reported the mistake and the sub harness arrived the next day. They did not want the full harness back, so knocked it out on fleabay.  ;)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 12:17:23 AM »
Back in 1992 sorry about quality. I do have high res scan.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 08:25:41 AM by AshimotoK0 »

Offline singal.satish007

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2020, 10:22:39 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am also struggling in camshaft and three rocker, I have the set of 312',bit when I will assemble the set, I found lots of  clearance between the rocker and the valve tip, @ on TDCC position, I have found the markings on the rocker adjusting spindles, and I have set them on standard position like exhaust side is on 7 o'clock & inlet one on 5 O'clock, seen in many videos, the gap is almost around 4.5mm,i don't have standard measurement of camshaft &  the rocker?

Can any of you people's help me with

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Offline Tomb

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2020, 10:54:44 AM »
That camshaft will repair Ash, get a replacement from DK but don't bin that one.

Couriers? a mate had a new head gasket delivered, they shoved it through his letter box - folded double!!!
Tom
'73 CB550 with CB500 engine café racer
'62 CB77 Sprinter
'70 CD175
'78 CB550 with sidecar
'80 Z50R
And a load of old Yamaha 1100's

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2020, 10:57:39 AM »
Hi .. Make sure that,   if you have 312 rockers , you don't have the early camshaft

You can't mix 312  rockers with the earlier cams and vice versa. The earlier cams need the 286 rockers (312 rockers have 312 on the castings , 286 don't have anything other than production marks). One of the early cams is a 'fat' version (centre section fatter than late version)  and easily identified. But there is an intermediate one that looks similar to the later cam (K3 model onwards and very late K2) . Best thing to do is post pics of your cam and measure the base circle and lift if you know how to do that. Hope this helps

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2020, 11:03:22 AM »
That camshaft will repair Ash, get a replacement from DK but don't bin that one.

Couriers? a mate had a new head gasket delivered, they shoved it through his letter box - folded double!!!

Ha ha .. that was a long time ago mate .. I kept the broken cam (DK told me to bin it and refunded me in full )  but I have a few anyway. I did think of boring the shaft and fitting a new spindle for the auto-advance mechanism.

BTW do you still need a CB72/77 cover?  Also my mate is looking fora CB77/CB72  cafe racer/sprinter if you see one about.

Offline Tomb

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2020, 11:27:38 AM »
Haha sorry I didn't look at the original post date, it pinged up as Singal posted.

I would like to get a cover but not desperately, a damaged one will do, I know they are a bit rare in good condition with the kickstart hole undamaged, I don't need a kickstart.

On the parts side, I have a CB750 oil tank with some hoses free to a good home, it has a dent in the side.
Tom
'73 CB550 with CB500 engine café racer
'62 CB77 Sprinter
'70 CD175
'78 CB550 with sidecar
'80 Z50R
And a load of old Yamaha 1100's

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal