Author Topic: It has arrived!  (Read 21852 times)

Offline JustcallmeMrT

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: It has arrived!
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2014, 09:46:40 PM »
You should of taken the tubes out before you put them in the tank. Why would you want to take the bank apart??
Turns out the ultrasonic tank at work wasn't big enough to take the whole bank, so I was considering doing them singly. Instead I opted to soak them in a bucket of carb cleaning solution and use lots of elbow grease.  Not too bad so far.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2014, 09:53:45 PM »
I would not advise someone to take these apart unless they know what they are getting into. There are so, so many little parts to them. But, you can get them apart to change the 0'rings in the T pipes by taking the 8 big cross head screws out of the big alloy rail that holds them together.

Offline JustcallmeMrT

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2014, 09:58:06 PM »
I would not advise someone to take these apart unless they know what they are getting into. There are so, so many little parts to them. But, you can get them apart to change the 0'rings in the T pipes by taking the 8 big cross head screws out of the big alloy rail that holds them together.
Ok, now more ignorant questions - what is the T pipe?

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2014, 10:05:21 PM »
A T pipe is the part that feeds fuel to the carbs. Look at the carbs as a set of 2, and the two together make the four. The carbs need to be fueled so between 1&2-3&4 you have a T pipe. If you look between 1&2 you should see a pipe that the fuel line connects to. On 3&4 it will have the same pipe.
Bloody hell, this is hard to explain.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2014, 10:17:56 PM »

Offline JustcallmeMrT

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2014, 11:55:51 PM »
Ok, I see what you're talking about.  So if I remove that cast plate I can access those?  And where would I get replacements?  Would they be part of the carb rebuild kit I just got from DSS?

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2014, 12:20:16 AM »
Should be in the kit but, i have never got one from DSS. I always get from Japan or the Dutch carb guru.
Yes, if you remove those 8 screws the cast plate (as you have called it) will swing up and all the carb body's will be lose enough to change the O'rings on the T pipe's.
It also maybe worth paying someone to sonic clean the bank in one piece.   

Offline JustcallmeMrT

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2014, 08:37:22 AM »
Should be in the kit but, i have never got one from DSS. I always get from Japan or the Dutch carb guru.
Yes, if you remove those 8 screws the cast plate (as you have called it) will swing up and all the carb body's will be lose enough to change the O'rings on the T pipe's.
It also maybe worth paying someone to sonic clean the bank in one piece.
What about the short rubber tubes running between the carbs - do those need replacing?

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2014, 02:19:40 PM »
I think you are on about the vent tubes. You just cut a bit of hose for those.

Offline JustcallmeMrT

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2014, 03:38:57 PM »
I think you are on about the vent tubes. You just cut a bit of hose for those.
Is that these?

Also, how advisable is it to still have those carbs ultrasonically cleaned?  Well worth the £40 it'll cost me?

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2014, 05:29:44 PM »
Well worth the money. Need to be stripped down a bit more before sonic clean them. Yep, those are the tubes.

Offline JustcallmeMrT

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2014, 06:27:40 PM »
Well worth the money. Need to be stripped down a bit more before sonic clean them. Yep, those are the tubes.
Ok, will get it done this week.  I pulled out the needle jets today, what else should I remove before sending them to be cleaned?

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2014, 06:36:18 PM »
Sorry but, i can not see what stage you are at. From your last picture you need to take out those air screws. Did you get the tubes out?
If you need a new screw kit try TSS Fasteners. Tina is a diamond. She may not list a kit for your carbs but, she has one because i work with this company to provide them with fasteners sizes for all CB & CD motorcycles.

Offline JustcallmeMrT

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2014, 07:28:28 PM »
Sorry but, i can not see what stage you are at. From your last picture you need to take out those air screws. Did you get the tubes out?
If you need a new screw kit try TSS Fasteners. Tina is a diamond. She may not list a kit for your carbs but, she has one because i work with this company to provide them with fasteners sizes for all CB & CD motorcycles.
I have gone as far as the haynes manual will take me.  I've removed all the jets, but have not removed the rubber tubes in the photo of my last post or the T fittings that you mentioned.  I've also not removed any air screws or anything of that nature.... don't even know where those are?! 
*sigh*  I'm so new....  Thanks for tolerating the ignorance and for all the help so far!

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2014, 07:43:40 PM »
In your last picture you can see the air screw. It is too the right of the T pipe if you look at the picture. It has a brass head and when you remove it there will be or should be a spring. One per carb.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal