Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 3004 times)

Offline Saisei

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« on: September 06, 2014, 12:13:10 PM »
Hi Guys, thank you for allowing me into your forum.

Like most of you, my biking career started off riding Fizzies and SS50's but i always looked up to the older kids riding the big Honda and Kwaka fours. Nearly 40 years later i have my dream bike and now i have just opened a UK based website selling parts for these iconic machines.

I look forward to the banter and reading your expert experiences on SOHC stuff. I also invite you to review my website and make any comments, suggestions.

Thank you

David

saisei-europe.com

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 12:16:30 PM »
Wow!

Warm Welcome from ashimoto, David.

The link is http://www.saisei-europe.com/Shop

Those 750 exhausts look like Yamiya / PMC ones to me .. please please tell me you are going to stock their CB750K0/sandcast ducktail seats/foams/covers!

This forum just gets better and better!

Even better still as I just sussed out you are in Yorkshire like me!!!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 12:53:38 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 12:17:02 PM »
Hi, and welcome, but tell us more, what IS your dream bike?
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Online mickwinf

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 01:18:30 PM »
welcome that's an impressive website, im guessing z1 is your dream bike!
Love the 500 and 550 have a 500 called Lazarus under restoration

Offline Saisei

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 01:48:43 PM »
welcome that's an impressive website, im guessing z1 is your dream bike!

I like em all but yes i have a Z1 sorry folks  :-[

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 03:41:55 PM »
Us 500/4 types couldn't aspire (even) to a 750 and a Z1 was something you drooled over in the carpark at Brands.

Remember the Transatlantic Trophy?

I checked out your website before approving your registration (we get some strange suppliers trying to join up) and wondered how long it would take Ash to mention Yamiya…

Steve
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 06:36:44 PM »
Give a dog a bad name  :-[  You have got me sussed Steve  ;D  but I  bet UKPete and JamesH would be interested too. I have badgered David Silver to stock them  but he's understandably running scared 'cos of the HONDA logo on the seats. He's going to need at least a 750K0 a foam himself though on that Mecum Auction sandcast he got for his museum.

Cheers  ... AshD

« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 06:41:27 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 09:31:53 AM »
Welcome Dave. I'm just putting the finishing touches to my z1b (have a thread running on the z1 forum - think you commented at some point) so I'll be in touch soon about some 4-4 repro pipes and fitting kit. Doesn't seem to be much interaction for newcomers on the z1 forum - much more active here. Regards, James

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 09:42:59 AM »
Welcome. Nice site :) How are you Getting Vesrah? Had a lot of discussions with Vesrah and they said that they were not going to produce for old Honda's anymore. The discussions were mainly about the CB500 four sets. 
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 09:48:40 AM by trigger6969 »

bike-pusher

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2014, 11:06:40 AM »
Problem with recreating the 400F system is that the genuine article was built to astonishingly high standards.  Double-skinned headers, decent gauge metal for the collector box and silencer, and top quality chrome.  That's why they lasted so long.

A replica system built to the same standards would be very expensive, especially as the economies of scale for volume production wouldn't apply.

Offline Saisei

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014, 11:35:46 AM »
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Good spot Ash, the pipes are Yamiya.  I have 5 sets on order, one of  those already sold. They appear to be the most reputable source for repro SOHC parts.

As  an independent family business we do not have the fund yet to stock everthing but I do intend to list the entire Yamiya catalog and build stock on demand.  I am happy to stock seats etc if you guys want them.

I buy Vesrah direct from Japan, that way I can offer the best price. 

I remember you James from the Z1OC, I think all forums go through a quiet spell.

Thank again

David

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2014, 03:33:12 PM »
welcome,

will you be getting 500 series parts?

have fun here,we all do
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline Saisei

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2014, 04:48:32 PM »
Hi John, I already have some general 500 series parts. Vesrah gaskets, filters, carb kits etc ... Repro parts might be a challenge but thow down the gauntlet I will try to pick it up. I can get genuine if still available, sadly these come at genuine hond prices  ::)

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2014, 05:04:44 PM »
Hi John, I already have some general 500 series parts. Vesrah gaskets, filters, carb kits etc ... Repro parts might be a challenge but thow down the gauntlet I will try to pick it up. I can get genuine if still available, sadly these come at genuine hond prices  ::)

thanks for your reply,
at present I guess most deal with CMSnl and DSS,

only CMS do the exhausts,at approx  £1600,a set,the nature of things are I/we  want the best/cheapest deal,and would love to
deal with a Forum member,

as for parts,the normal service items,then time expired items,and others as required ,

recently I have bought coils,plug caps,gasket sets,oil and air filters,brake pads and shoes,seat cover,
hopefully all I may/will need are exhausts in the next few years,and maybe a rear hub,

others may need more,

thanks
John
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2014, 11:00:02 PM »
Hi David,

Here  are the CB750K0 parts  I am after, from either PMC or Yamiya (unsure about the relationship between the two, other than Yamiya call a seat cover a 'Skin ' and PMC an 'epidermis'  :)

Yamiya Number: T023S CB750 K0 Seat Standard (Red Sponge)
Yamiya Number: CA030 Decal,  Regulator
Yamiya Number: E066  Honda  CB750 Bolt Set, Engine
Yamiya Number: S030 No.8 Bolt Set,  Frame
Yamiya Number: CA026  Caution Mark Decal set  (English)

Not sure if any other members are interested  ... UKPete, JamesH, Kettle738 ?

Hope to do business with you soon ! Have you posted on the CB750 'sandcastonly' site ?

http://cb750sandcastonly.com/smf_forum/index.php?board=3.0

Cheers ... Ash
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 11:18:37 PM by AshimotoK0 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal