Author Topic: Wow!  (Read 1173 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: Wow!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 01:30:54 PM »
From David Silver quote:

"I am aware of this lot and the seller, some of it is stuff we cleared out
 years ago. There is nothing old/of good value in it.
 Any potential E-bayer would be a long time getting their money back!"

Cheers ... AshD

“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 09:08:12 PM »
Sounds like a crock of shite
pete

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 09:10:26 PM »

pete
What DSS or the seller?

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 10:27:53 PM »
DSS is a crock of gold

bike-pusher

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 11:53:49 AM »
pete

It does, a bit.  You've got to be so careful with stuff like this.  I've just emailed the seller for an inventory.

A few years ago I cleared out a shop that had been a motorcycle wholesaler's premises in a previous incarnation.  Masses of stuff, but a lot was really unsellable.

For example, gasket sets for scooters, stepthrus and the like, boxes of pattern cables for things like Suzuki A100s and Honda CB100Ns, spark plugs so obscure I couldn't find their applications by Googling them, and so on.  Carriers that had nothing to indicate what they fitted.  Speedo cables for models long extinct.  There was some good stuff in the dross, of course.

I remember my kids and I spent an entire evening pulling open gasket kit sets and extracting the exhaust manifold sealing rings before tossing the rest of the sets away - I had something like 100 RD200 and GT185 gasket sets, I recall.  But those rings sell for a couple of quid each at autojumbles and, of course, there are only so many sizes in the world, so they fit loads of stuff.  I've still got a boxful, actually.

Actually, the funniest "big box of assorted junk" I ever bought was at Kempton Park jumble, maybe a decade ago.  Bloke with the pitch next to me was selling Harley stuff, and he asked if I was interested in two boxes of Jap stuff he'd taken with a load of other stuff.  I looked inside one box, stirred the contents thoughtfully (camchains out of their wrappers, loose sprockets, brake pads, cables, etc, all new but a lot unpacked) and politely declined.  "I've got loads of this sort of stuff," I said.

He insisted I make him an offer, and I offered £20.  "It's worth more than that!" he exclaimed.  "Yes, it is, but I really don't want it.  Too much hassle," I explained.

And at packing-up time, he offered me £20 and I had to take it.  Well, bugger me, in the second box (which I hadn't inspected), there was a CB92 left-hand exhaust, NOS and in the wrappers, a CB350 twin ditto, more decent kit, and an extraordinary bronze medallion depicting James Watt.  The artist's name was on it, and when I got back I Googled him, and discovered he was of the Royal Academy, no less, and the medallion was worth £100.  Happy days.

EDIT:  Just had the inventory.  It's all obscure scooter stuff.  DSS is right - worth zilch.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 12:10:03 PM by bike-pusher »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal