Author Topic: Points loom solder tags.  (Read 852 times)

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Points loom solder tags.
« on: September 16, 2014, 03:44:59 PM »
Anyone know if the 'D' shaped solder tags on the points loom on Honda's should be the open hole type or the fully closed type. Can't find any replicas so thinking of having some laser cut from brass sheet and then plated although probably no need as I am bound to have some old ones somewhere. Obsession again.. don't ask just take pity  :'(

Cheers ... AshD
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Online Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Points loom solder tags.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 05:30:15 PM »
My aged memory tells me i seen both so that don't help at all tho' I think the older twins were closed----maybe perhaps

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 06:19:17 PM »
With Bryan there remember both types but got no dates when and  the open type I think were later cos they were easier to change without taking them to bits and losing the insulators all over the bench
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

bike-pusher

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 07:36:40 AM »
Pretty sure all the ones I've played with have been open.

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 06:21:22 PM »
CB250/350 K are evidently the  closed type according to a reliable source. Maybe its the fours that had the open type. I know the early twin bikes had high temperature blue & yellow glass braided inner insulation  wire to the points wires  but the fours had high temperature PVC type.

Cheers ... AshD
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal