Author Topic: Carb problem?  (Read 2686 times)

Barty

Carb problem?
« on: June 10, 2005, 11:36:08 AM »
OK, so now I'm running out of ideas. I bought my F1 last year as a basket case, but most of the frame and fittings had been sorted and the engine was complete, so I thought it was just going to be a case of bolting it all together. First thing I find is that I have an F2 engine - no problem I thought, bit more grunt. After much effort, finally got most things together and then try to start her. No matter what I tried, it had a massive bogging down problem, would tickover OK, but as soon as the throttle was opened, it would almost die. On full choke, I could just about get the revs up, but that was all.
Spent some time playing with timing and checking everything, then I found the Carbs were off the original F1 engine - Ahah, I thought,  there's me problem. I rummage around in the boxes of spares I got with the bike and find a set of F2 carbs, so

paulknapp

RE:Carb problem?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 07:34:01 AM »
G,Day Barty,I would be looking at the ignition if i were you, it sounds to me if it is not advancing up as the revs increase. IF the engine had points ignition originally, re-fit them an give them a go to eliminate the electronic ig.Also, mufflers are not blocked are they?
Cheers,PABLO
Down under

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal