Author Topic: On A budget Rebuild cb750  (Read 21718 times)

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: On A budget Rebuild cb750
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2014, 08:48:42 PM »
Mick
Well spotted yes they are will get around to that later as they are glued, again I will go to the foot of my stairs.Not Much gets by that's why I love this site long may it continue.Oh by the ways lads and ladesses keep the donations going as we know nought is free in life.Mick as always gratefully received 1 is better than nothing.
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2014, 10:36:23 PM »
Looks good Bitsa, you might have to put it in the lounge for more space then and get some big speakers for the telly if you start it up.

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2014, 03:43:58 AM »
Fantastic... took me 12 months to make the same progress. Had always preferred 'my' Ruby Red... but gotta admit now having second thoughts... it looks just great.

Simon

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2014, 09:32:52 AM »
Thanks all for your comments some of the chrome guards etc could be replaced but I can do that at leisure when I find some bargains
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2014, 04:31:12 PM »
Don't go throwing a wobbly Bitsa I can't seem to find the spare heat shield but I did find some new rubber whatsits that go behind the reflectors that I ordered by mistake.

Mick 
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2014, 06:58:29 PM »
No worries Mick have the same problem I know I have it but can I find the git????
When I don't need something I find stuff all the time.
Front caliper put it on today just to see what it looked liked and thought I like it like that so its done
Cheers
Bitsa

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2014, 07:06:37 PM »
At least like that it wont damage the finish when bleeding the brakes

Mick
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2014, 06:55:16 PM »
Update
Well front master and caliper now done and all works a treat but those frackin forks don't look right or feel right and now I know why.Thanks to fellow members giving me measurements etc they are 20mm short.The bike front end is noticeably lower yet there is 341 stamped on the sliders but these tubes hell knows what they are.Even with oil in they are softer than my quilt on the bed so they are going in the skip and has anyone got a pair for sale?Was these for cafe racer low front end etc I have no idea does any on else?
Cheers
Bitsa

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2014, 07:39:19 PM »
No worries Mick have the same problem I know I have it but can I find the git????
When I don't need something I find stuff all the time.
Front caliper put it on today just to see what it looked liked and thought I like it like that so its done
Cheers
Bitsa
The K0 came with a silver caliper. What is the travel like on those folks? Maybe just the wrong springs Bitsa.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 07:41:08 PM by trigger6969 »

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2014, 08:13:46 PM »
Trig
If you remember I found valve springs on top off the normal springs they are defiantly the wrong forks see my other one.The boots are more squashed and they hardly move down.The speedo cable looks too long but I know its not so bin they are going.I would just buy new tubes but the internals are not the same as standard and if I could get the standard internals I would do so but not available anymore.
Cheers
Bitsa

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2014, 08:20:51 PM »

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2014, 08:30:34 PM »
Had a look at the pictures, not good.

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2014, 09:32:28 PM »
Trig
Never said a truer word mate bothered me all the time never been happy about them and now I know why.Already on to another set from a mate in Canada which seem to be a OK same length etc and in good shape like my other bike.
Cheers
Bitsa

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2014, 09:43:12 PM »
Bitsa - I think I may have a spare set of forks. They were on the k0 that I've now started restoring but are from a k4 onwards I think, so the lowers are the later style. Haven't checked the stanchions but happy to send the whole lot to you for the cost of postage, as you and Graham have both helped me out recently. I'll try and pull them off the lower tripe tomorrow and get you some pics mate. James

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2014, 09:48:04 PM »
James
Nice one mate have pmd you and I will pay you for them k4s fine mate.
Cheers
Bitsa

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal