Author Topic: Honda Projects Old and New  (Read 1514 times)

Offline Richw

• View Profile
Honda Projects Old and New
« on: September 29, 2014, 12:46:25 PM »
Hi All
I thought you my be interested in some pictures my past and on going projects.
First up is my 400/4 Mocheck replica.I bought this as just a frame and engine at Stafford show in 2010.I managed to get some genuine Yoshimura pistons to take it out to 458cc and Phil Joy ground me a cam to Yoshi R T specification The wheels are period ARE mags,as I couldn't get a set of CMA's for love nor money.The pipe is a Marvin,and sounds superb :).
The body work was Seeley back in the day,and I managed to track down a firm in Kent with the original molds to make up the fairing and front mudguard.
This is the bike that I want to try some alternative carbs on to try and get rid of the annoying low speed flat spot

Next up is my SS125.This had been sat in a garage in Sheffield for twenty years when I got it.It's had a full rebuild,the hardest part of which was sorcing the exhausts,they came from California in the end
Before.

After

And finally (for now).This is my current CB160 project .As you can see it's been raced years ago and has lost it's road trim and registration.The plan is to restore it to it's original road trim,a process greaty helped by Kent100's reponse to my parts appeal (thanks Peter).
The bike seems to have been sleeved down to what I guess is 125cc by means of sleeves within sleeve in the barrels.I guess it's because 160cc dropped between stools for racing.What are the chances of it being ex Hailwood/Sheen  ;)

« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 01:00:42 PM by Richw »

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: Honda Projects Old and New
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 01:05:06 PM »
Love that SS125 Rich, bet the pipes cost you an arm and a leg ;) , they are so rare. My mate Chris (the Pharmacy owner in York you know) had one which he replaced with a CB250K0.
Great that Peter has some spares for the 160... he's a top guy !

Cheers ... Ash
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Richw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 01:16:54 PM »
The pipes where a really lucky find on Ebay,I really didn't think I'd get a set but they do make the bike.When bikes come up on Ebay they are usually minus the pipes :(

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 07:00:26 PM »
Nice one adore the SS125 excellant job
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 07:10:28 PM »
Totally agree there's just something about the ss

Mick
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline kent400

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 08:13:51 PM »
Great looking couple of bikes, the SS125 in a peach. The CB160 looks a 'challenge' but looking at the other two I'm sure you are well up to it. Pleased to be helping you out with a few of the missing parts, oh you clearly need a centre stand, might just find one is some dark corner

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 08:37:24 PM »
Thanks for showing us your bikes, nice collection
pete

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal