Author Topic: Honda Blocking Saisei from stocking seats /covers  (Read 9438 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Honda Blocking Saisei from stocking seats /covers
« on: September 29, 2014, 05:09:46 PM »
Got an email / PM from David at Saisei-Europe  saying he can't order us any Yamiya /PMC seats because Honda UK have contacted him telling him he can't sell anything with the HONDA logo on (as was the case with David Silver).  Bad for me but I really feel for the two 'David's' .

I have asked him to ask Yamiya/PMC if they can produce us a batch of seats/covers without the logo on.

Meanwhile I will contact Honda UK asking why they allow other countries to stock them but deny us Brits the right to purchase. Pretty sure it will fall on deaf ears but worth a try anyway. I have an article from the 90's  which stated that even after the 15 year parts cut-off, Honda  would make available the info to have parts made. Their excuse on the seat last time I contacted them was that a '300' middle number part was still available and the K0 seat was a superseded part. This was true as the K1 seat did indeed have a 300 middle number and fitted OK but that too has been discontinued, so they can't use that on me anymore.

GRrrr...   >:(   Will I ever get that K0 finished.

So what happened to this promise below

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Cheers ... AshD
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 06:00:08 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Honda Blocking Saisei from stocking seats /covers
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 05:20:46 PM »
Why doesn't that surprise me.
Thought it was to good to be true.

Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 05:25:21 PM »
The big boy's playing games >:(

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 05:35:18 PM »
F--ck Honda, i am going to sell all mine now and never will buy another Honda,
that has really pissed me off, F-cking arse wipes over there in Japan, i am going out to pick on someone small to vent my anger
pete

Offline kettle738

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 06:22:21 PM »

F--ck Honda, i am going to sell all mine now and never will buy another Honda

Seems a bit extreme Pete........but does that mean I can have your Rickman?  ;D

That said, I really despair of that sort of attitude.......I could understand it if it were modern or current production parts or even if there were issues with safety or quality.......but in this particular instance it's oem quality pattern parts for bikes that have been out of production for forty years.....it's just infuriating and frustrating and does Honda (Is this Honda Japan or Honda UK making a fuss?) no credit at all.

Mick.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 06:40:33 PM »
Still can't see why Yamiya can't be persuaded to produce some less logo. After all they never have any stock anyway and seem to make them in 'dribs and drabs' to special order.

Have a really nice seat I made from a new K1 seat that doesn't look 100% in the seat contour profile,  that I was about to bung on eBay because I was getting the Yamiya one. Glad I hung fire now, a bird in the hand and all that !

Can just see Pete sitting there sticking little pins in a Hashimoto cartoon character style doll :D (see my Avatar)

Cheers ... Ash

« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 07:01:04 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 06:53:59 PM »
Pete
Is your middle name rodney?Can understand fully been saying things like this along if it sells f in make it if you dont like others copying it.I mean Japans in the shit crunch too.
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 07:03:09 PM »

F--ck Honda, i am going to sell all mine now and never will buy another Honda

Seems a bit extreme Pete........but does that mean I can have your Rickman?  ;D

That said, I really despair of that sort of attitude.......I could understand it if it were modern or current production parts or even if there were issues with safety or quality.......but in this particular instance it's oem quality pattern parts for bikes that have been out of production for forty years.....it's just infuriating and frustrating and does Honda (Is this Honda Japan or Honda UK making a fuss?) no credit at all.

Mick.

Yes a bit extreme maybe, i have had a very bad day, went to work my van blew up, leaving me right in the shit, then one of my bikes broke down, then i went to the bank and found i am skint, to add to all this i think i need to see a doctor as i am feeling really depressed lately, i am only just hanging on to sanity at the moment, i want to feel normal again, every little bit of bad news like the honda seat thing just adds stress  which i normally wouldnt give a toss about
I might have to sell both my rickmans the z1 and the cb version so watch this space
pete

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 07:09:03 PM »
Feel for you Pete been there done that I once got through 4 vans in one year and no bikes on the road at the time.

That's the not so fun unpredictable life of a painter

Mick
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 07:11:59 PM »
Jesus deep breaths Pete.....will all come good honest...

Offline BigAl (Alan)

• SOHC Pro
  • Hope its sunny at the weekend
    • View Profile
    • www.alans-electrics.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 07:19:14 PM »
*onda are just not consistent on this, they seen to pick and choose who to bully! when you consider the amount of stuff on the net
I recently bought a seat cover for my CD 175  restoration from a popular 'ebay' vendor. He has plenty stock with the *onda logo.

Alan
Current bikes:-
Honda CB750 K4 (1974) USA
Honda XL500S (1980) UK
Honda CD175 sloper (1968) UK
Honda CB1100A (2013) UK
www.alans-electrics.co.uk

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 07:24:06 PM »
I suspect it's the case of those who ask 'officially' for permission get hammered and those who fly under  the radar get away with it. Very annoying of Honda...

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 07:28:31 PM »
Keep your pecker up Pete and don't let it depress you, been there and it's not a nice place to be. You're amongst a good set of mates on here even though we are all at far flung parts of the UK and we all admire your restoration threads immensely. Just think of that Sandcast and K0 finished and gleaming in your garage and a nice little nest egg. We are always at the end of the phone if you ever need to chat.

Cheers .. Ash

Offline mickwinf

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 07:29:42 PM »
I know how you feel Pete, I too have had a couple of bad years and am still unsure if I can afford to keep my bikes, they help me to keep sane so hope I will be able to. Don't let the bastards grind you down!
Love the 500 and 550 have a 500 called Lazarus under restoration

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2014, 07:31:58 PM »

Keep your pecker up Pete and don't let it depress you, been there and it's not a nice place to be. You're amongst a good set of mates on here even though we are all at far flung parts of the UK and we all admire your restoration threads immensely. Just think of that Sandcast and K0 finished and gleaming in your garage and a nice little nest egg. We are always at the end of the phone if you ever need to chat.

Cheers .. Ash
Second that - Pete give me a buzz if you want a chat...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal