Author Topic: Suppliers  (Read 827 times)

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Suppliers
« on: October 01, 2014, 07:09:01 PM »
Is it just me or has all noticed it.It seems where ever you look ebay,DSS,Dutch mob and Usa all the prices are give or take a quid or two about the same.Usa comes out tops but then the shipping charge puts it back in the fields of the others.Do these gits club together or what?Your thoughts fellow members
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: Suppliers
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 07:16:59 PM »
I suspect that they are just straight RRP Honda prices Bitsa with no discount to us mere mortals, even though many of us spend thousands with them.
Hats off to  Saisei, at least he tries to give us a bit of  discount as does member  Lecram  (Marcel) for the clock parts.
Never ever bought anything from CMS they always seem more expensive than any other retailer, if you take into account shipping etc.

Cheers .. Ash
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 08:45:58 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 08:15:51 PM »
Yeah you might be right there Ash
Its great to see dealers Coming on the site offering discounts I am all for that but they do not fill everyones need.I know in the real world thats its one hell off a task to achieve but we all hope it will get there :D :D :D
Cheers
Bitsa
PS why dont the muppets at Honda read this site?The guy who designed them must be spinning in his box bless him diamond guy
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Online K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 08:44:11 PM »
I guess some of the parts are just not that big a market and without many suppliers then price pressure is just not there.

I heard a bike salesman once saying "if I've got more bikes than customers the I have to do a deal or hold too much stock, on the flip side if I've got more customers than bikes then I can hold prices firm or raise even them".

Also working for a company that had it's own spares supply line for some of the machinery we used and even for something simple the cost of stocking, cataloging and shipping some low use items by far outsripped the original item cost sometimes literally by a factor of ten or even a hundred times. stocking odd stuff can just be really problematic.....and costly.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal