Author Topic: Solid states  (Read 1557 times)

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
Solid states
« on: December 04, 2014, 05:27:46 PM »
Hi. Just got a solid state Rectifier/Regulator for the old F2. Of course its arrived without any wiring diagram or instructions. Have posted a photo, can anybody tell me where the black and white wires connect to. They are both male spade fittings. Also, I assume it bolts on in place of the existing regulator. Thank you very much.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline archmill

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Solid states
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 11:33:10 PM »
Hi Royhall, had much of the same problem with one I bought on E-bay. Do you have any idea of what bike it fits or a part number ?

Archmill

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 08:24:04 AM »
Here you go fella

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 09:12:47 AM »
Hi Roy,

1st up I've a K2.... and assume the F2 is essentially the same..... Pete?

The unit you have replaces 2 original bits, ie the regulator (gold box) & the rectifier (black jobby under the fuse holder in the bottom pic)

The unit's loom plug you have (3 yellows / green / red ) connects to the existing loom plug that went to the original rectifier. (white terminal block, top pic / RHS)

The flying leads (black / white) go to the existing loom connectors (same colours) that fed the regulator.  There will be a spare green left over (regulator earth) from the bike loom here... just tape it up & tuck it away.

The below (embarrassing) pic of my bike as I bought it showing those black & whites going to the bike loom, and my restored pic as a ref showing the original bits you're now replacing,

Along with Pete's wiring diagram hope this helps...

Simon
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 09:30:42 AM by Lobo »

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 02:12:36 PM »
Hi Roy,

1st up I've a K2.... and assume the F2 is essentially the same..... Pete?

The unit you have replaces 2 original bits, ie the regulator (gold box) & the rectifier (black jobby under the fuse holder in the bottom pic)

The unit's loom plug you have (3 yellows / green / red ) connects to the existing loom plug that went to the original rectifier. (white terminal block, top pic / RHS)

The flying leads (black / white) go to the existing loom connectors (same colours) that fed the regulator.  There will be a spare green left over (regulator earth) from the bike loom here... just tape it up & tuck it away.

The below (embarrassing) pic of my bike as I bought it showing those black & whites going to the bike loom, and my restored pic as a ref showing the original bits you're now replacing,

Along with Pete's wiring diagram hope this helps...

Simon

yep they are the same
pete

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 03:16:38 PM »
Thanks guys that's cleared it up. The wiring on the F2 looks like its the same but the layout is slightly different. See photo. Cheers all.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 06:53:58 PM »
You can still find original I have some
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal