Author Topic: Yamiya price increases  (Read 2356 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Yamiya price increases
« on: January 01, 2015, 09:16:29 PM »
I am sure David at Saisei will announce it on here too but copied this from the Sandcastonly site: So I am going online now to get myself some belated Christmas / Birthday presents I think!

Ash

"Yamiya price increases
« on: December 29, 2014, 04:42:54 PM »

I have received notice of Yamiya price increases for 2015. I intend to hold Saisei prices until i have reviewed  the full impact and other factors including fuel prices and exchange rates. However,  inevitably increases will need to be passed on at some point in the near future. Best advice is to buy now if possible."

Regards

David
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: Yamiya price increases
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 09:35:13 PM »
I am sure David at Saisei will announce it on here too but copied this from the Sandcastonly site: So I am going online now to get myself some belated Christmas / Birthday presents I think!

Ash

"Yamiya price increases
« on: December 29, 2014, 04:42:54 PM »

I have received notice of Yamiya price increases for 2015. I intend to hold Saisei prices until i have reviewed  the full impact and other factors including fuel prices and exchange rates. However,  inevitably increases will need to be passed on at some point in the near future. Best advice is to buy now if possible."

Regards

David

Ash, i have only received that Yamiya are having a January sale and i have a account with them.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 09:42:44 PM »
Yes Graham .. I am surprised David has not announced it on here, as the SOOC site is mainly Americans (apart from a few K0 owners on here plus Pete and ChrisD) and Yamiya have a distributor already in the US

Ash
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline RGP750

• SOHC Master
  • "always look on the bright side of life"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 09:54:54 PM »
If you buy from the link on this site  are there "add ons" to the stated price?
1972 500/4
1973 CB175
1972 CB175
1959 BSA Super rocket
1927 960cc Matchless 'v' twin
1969 750 K0

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 09:57:58 PM »
I think the price includes shipping and import duty . We just pay VAT and UK postage costs Rich. I ordered my last stuff before David had fully set up the Yamiya stuff on his website.

Ash

Offline RGP750

• SOHC Master
  • "always look on the bright side of life"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 10:10:41 PM »
Thanks Ash, r.

edit: removed double post :)   -   steve
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 12:45:40 PM by SteveD CB500F »
1972 500/4
1973 CB175
1972 CB175
1959 BSA Super rocket
1927 960cc Matchless 'v' twin
1969 750 K0

Offline Saisei

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 04:31:01 PM »
Gents,  sorry i thought i had copied this announcement  on here. Obviously  not.

Yamiya may not advertise the increase to retail customers  but it is certainly  happening. They are blaming material  costs, which is linked to fluctuations  in the Japanese  economy.  The good news is that while sterling remains strong, importers  can absorb some of the extra cost.

With regards to Saisei prices, as importers we pay all the internattional shipping and entry taxes. There are no hidden costs on our site, the only add on is shiiping from us to you.

Best regards

David

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 01:27:48 PM »
This is the DSS take on the increases:_

Ashley Derrick Happy New Year from me too . So looking forward to seeing your museum particularly your Sandcast 750 and The CB250K0 'Manlab' bike.. Another dealer has announced a price increase from Yamiya for 2015 . Do you know anything about this please as I know you stock some of their parts?

David Silver Spares Hi Ash, Yes I know about the increases but they are not large and the Yen has weakened a lot so minimal effect.

Offline Saisei

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 01:49:56 PM »
Couldn't of said it better myself :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal