Author Topic: K0 Handlebar switch, rightside.  (Read 4042 times)

Offline Sparrow1

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
K0 Handlebar switch, rightside.
« on: January 02, 2015, 06:25:19 PM »
Happy New Year all! :D
  This is (I hope!!) my final problem with my K0.. the previous 'experts' fitted this switch to the bike before I bought it and, although it works fine, I'm trying to fathom out what model this switch is from?? I know the kill switch should be black (more sleek) and the headlight switch should be without the parking light (which stays on regardless with the tail light off.) but I have checked the CMS website and they offer a RED kill switch.. Silver looks correct. I've looked at most 750 models and just can't mate up the same layout anywhere, including the F1's? Before I go ahead and put another 'wrong/right' on this bike I just wanted to check.
  Any thoughts? Is this difficult to change over? All four slides are now exactly seating right and I'd be gutted to disturb the settings at this throttle end? Cheers,
  Nige.

Offline tom400f

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: K0 Handlebar switch, rightside.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 06:31:02 PM »
I wonder if that is a pattern one?

Anyway may be this thread is useful: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=60531.0
1978 CB400F2 Yellow
1995 VFR750FS Red
1997 VFR750FV Lapis Blue
2013 Yamaha FZ8 Grey

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 06:38:33 PM »
Thats a UK model 750 or 500 switch

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 07:21:06 PM »
I have the same switch as this on a CB500K0 UK model. Have seen them fitted to CB750K2's. Is it a single cable switch.
On the 750 K0 your switch should have a black kill switch and look like this >>  http://www.yamiya750.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=144_70&products_id=1925

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 08:07:56 PM »
I have the same switch as this on a CB500K0 UK model. Have seen them fitted to CB750K2's. Is it a single cable switch.
On the 750 K0 your switch should have a black kill switch and look like this >>  http://www.yamiya750.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=144_70&products_id=1925

Also here (made by Yamiya same as the one trig is talking about but can be ordered in the UK)

http://www.saisei-europe.com/Shop/Products/c/switches/p/an-aftermarket-black-switch-assy-starter-lighting-dimmer-kill-single-cable-model-fits-cb750-k0
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 08:10:01 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline philward

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 10:45:25 PM »
That's the same as the aftermarket unit I bought from America for my K2 (from JTmarks I think)
Phil
Current Bikes:-
Honda CB750K2 (1975)
Honda CB500K2 (12/1972)
Honda CR750 Replica (1972)
Honda CB350K0 (1969)
Kawasaki ZZR1100D3 (1995)
Kawasaki ZZR250 (1990) Project (Going on eBay ASAP)

Offline 750rideruk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 10:51:16 PM »
its the one for a K1 if it is a genuine one. Want to sell it if it has the push pull throttle cable?

Offline Sparrow1

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 10:39:18 AM »
Thanks guys, that throws a lot more light on the subject! Yes, it's single cable. The parking light staying on is also non standard I believe? With the correct switch it should extinguish..
   Either way, it 'ain't right. If you look closely, it's been hand painted. I'm reluctant to take it off, re thread the wiring loom through the handlebar and risk upsetting all four positions of the slides with the new switch, which isn't cheap. I'm going to remove the red paint off the kill switch delicately and asses the end the result. What were they thinking!!😳 thanks.

Nige. Ps, it's the pull only cable on this K0 750rideruk, but it may well have the 2 locators within? I'll let you know.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 10:45:12 AM by Sparrow1 »

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
K0 Handlebar switch, rightside.
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 11:35:18 AM »

Original k0 switch.

Shows how good the yamiya replica is...

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 11:46:58 AM »
That's the same as the ones on the K1 but without the red kill switch.
I always hesitate before using high beam as you almost always plunge into darkness when switching back

Mick   
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline Sparrow1

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 03:01:04 PM »
Wow! Thanks James! I've never seen an original K0/K1 switch up close - could kill for one of those.. Apart from the proverbial rocking horse, I bet they're very valuable?? As for changing from low to that explosion of high intensity light on 'high' beam, Green1, indeed, there is a heart stopping moment of blackness ahead if one isn't slick enough with that majestic move!!😳 in my case I have this parking light gate between the two, er I think? There is definitely a gate but is that the space between the the high and low beam selector? As my park light is constantly on, can anyone confirm this is normal for the K0 or is it only common with the K1/2/3? I haven't the wiring diagram to hand as in my mates workshop. Should have back in next week but intrigued...😗
   Nige.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 07:42:28 PM »
Thanks guys, that throws a lot more light on the subject! Yes, it's single cable. The parking light staying on is also non standard I believe? With the correct switch it should extinguish..
   Either way, it 'ain't right. If you look closely, it's been hand painted. I'm reluctant to take it off, re thread the wiring loom through the handlebar and risk upsetting all four positions of the slides with the new switch, which isn't cheap. I'm going to remove the red paint off the kill switch delicately and asses the end the result. What were they thinking!!😳 thanks.

Nige. Ps, it's the pull only cable on this K0 750rideruk, but it may well have the 2 locators within? I'll let you know.

Strange ! are you sure it only has a single cable or is there only one cable coming out but, two holes ? Because every switch showing those lighting positions should be twin cable.

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2015, 08:34:50 PM »
Could be that the switch assy is a hybrid of K0/K1 parts?

Offline Sparrow1

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2015, 08:20:18 AM »
Morning Trigger,
  Sorry, were you referring to the throttle cable? I was. There are 2 outlets, one is the 'pull' cable and the other hole is blocked with a screw/spring arrangement that would have allowed the K1/2/3 system to operate - a much better system of course. This screw reminds me of the cruise control system that locks the throttle in place on some bikes whilst crusin' the Highways in the States etc. do you want a photo?
  Nigel.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2015, 11:03:43 AM »
Morning Trigger,
  Sorry, were you referring to the throttle cable? I was. There are 2 outlets, one is the 'pull' cable and the other hole is blocked with a screw/spring arrangement that would have allowed the K1/2/3 system to operate - a much better system of course. This screw reminds me of the cruise control system that locks the throttle in place on some bikes whilst crusin' the Highways in the States etc. do you want a photo?
  Nigel.

Love to see a picture of the underside Nigel. The only switches i have seen with this lighting position have a push and pull cable, and some have the cruise screw but, the cruise screw is between the two cables on the switch. I am trying to work out as James said, if someone has made this out of two different switches.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal