Author Topic: Newark show  (Read 5248 times)

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Newark show
« on: January 03, 2015, 09:27:03 PM »
Just got back from Newark Carol Nash Winter  show . Nice K0 there same colour as mine on VJMC stand but could not locate owner. Few wrong items like red kill switch, non recessed ignition, four hole rear fender bracket mount but US style lamp? suspect 341 style rear guard. I think later front guard too. It was not easily accessible to photo and my son took best he could on Iphone. Lovely restoration though. Convinced my Yamiya seat is the low one looking at the Yamiya one on that bike. Also a nice CR replica for sale around 15K GBP

HA HA that grumpy sod from Sheffield 'On all Fours' was there as usual . My son reckons too that he is one of the most grumpy & miserable guys you could wish to meet.

Pi**ed down with rain and lots of Brit stuff there and loads of tool stalls. Not quite Stafford but so chuffed to see a red K0. Never seen one at a show before.

Ash

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Newark show
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 09:29:50 PM »
CR750 replica pics @ Newark Show Carole Nash CB show

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 09:36:59 PM »
Thanks for Thanks for that posting that Ash, that CR replica looked good, bet it's loud though! Was it road legal did you notice? As for the red K0, nice, but hard work and it could be YOURS sitting on that stand next year:))
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 09:43:02 PM »
Thanks for Thanks for that posting that Ash, that CR replica looked good, bet it's loud though! Was it road legal did you notice? As for the red K0, nice, but hard work and it could be YOURS sitting on that stand next year:))

That's what I told my son about having mine ready for next year. Didn't see if CR was street legal. Got a real passion for getting all four finished this year though.

Ash

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 09:44:05 PM »
Nice surprise with the k0, looks like you had a great day , what a nice present ash
pete

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 09:47:44 PM »
Hmm, there's a thought, will it be Pete or Ash that finishes a K0 first:))
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 09:51:09 PM »
Definitly ash i have too much going on still need lots of restoring and buying yet
pete

Offline born to be mild

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 11:21:42 PM »
I was at Newark today as well and asked at the 'On All Fours' stand for some bits, I thought that I had somehow offended the mardy sod, wont bother him again  the funny thing was the show had only been open for an hour so God knows what he would have been like by closing time. 

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 06:36:47 AM »
I was at Newark today as well and asked at the 'On All Fours' stand for some bits, I thought that I had somehow offended the mardy sod, wont bother him again  the funny thing was the show had only been open for an hour so God knows what he would have been like by closing time.

Ha HA !!   glad it's not just me then. Someone came to his stand at Stafford a couple of years back and offered him a 400/4 engine(looked pretty good to me)  for next to nothing, which he had brought to Stafford and didn't want to take home with him. He got the same treatment too ..... like NO !!  and 'sod off' attitude. Thing is he had a load of magazines that were the cheapest there 3 for 2 quid. I think he must just buy stuff from DS (possibly at trade) and mark it up. There is also funny little guy from Lancashire called Les I believe who hawks the same stuff around the shows  at silly prices and never seems to sell 'owt.
There was another guy there selling literature, old magazines etc who was totally OCD about everything being left in chronological order and watched you like a hawk to make sure you were not jumbling things up at an 'autojumble' sale ::)

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 06:55:13 AM »
Makes you wonder about us 750K0 owners obsession with detail. So many incorrect items on that bike but lovely paint seat and pipes. The owner probably is not as obsessive as some of us and build a splendid bike, that really looked the business, with the best he could get without going over the top and the result is stunning. 99.9 % of people looking at that red  bike probably would be unaware of things like scripted rims, black killswitch bla bla blah and took it for what it looks like ... a iconic bike of really beauty. Thing is I just can't bring myself to fit the superseded items, wherever possible, and all it does is stunt restoration. As my son pointed out that should have been my bike on that stand. And he's spot on... at least 3 years ago ...shame on me !

Offline RGP750

• SOHC Master
  • "always look on the bright side of life"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, 07:39:16 AM »
Red k0 it has to be, a couple of years now i recon, unless i win the lottery.
That one has a lifting handle on the off side as well as near side, they don't do they?
ok as drab handles for passenger.
1972 500/4
1973 CB175
1972 CB175
1959 BSA Super rocket
1927 960cc Matchless 'v' twin
1969 750 K0

Offline BigAl (Alan)

• SOHC Pro
  • Hope its sunny at the weekend
    • View Profile
    • www.alans-electrics.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 10:30:00 AM »
Thanks for the info Ash, looks like you and your son enjoyed the day, possibly a bit cold for me.
Stunning KO, why not concentrate on one bike (the KO) and show it at Stafford Oct/2015?

Alan
Current bikes:-
Honda CB750 K4 (1974) USA
Honda XL500S (1980) UK
Honda CD175 sloper (1968) UK
Honda CB1100A (2013) UK
www.alans-electrics.co.uk

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 11:28:59 AM »
What i find with these show bikes is they always are a bit too shiny. I know of someone that has a K1 from new that has never seen daylight and the chrome and the rest of the paint work is not too much in your face. 

Offline ka-ja

• ken
  • SOHC Pro
  • yoshi 460
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2015, 12:04:24 PM »
Hi All,
        Highly polished alloy was never a "Jap" thing, even the front forks were dull silver until the autosol came out!---Ken
nice bike,nothing in the bank

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2015, 12:11:17 PM »
What i find with these show bikes is they always are a bit too shiny. I know of someone that has a K1 from new that has never seen daylight and the chrome and the rest of the paint work is not too much in your face.
Agree totally ...problem is finding a decent chromer who can  or is prepared to , replicate the crabby original surface finish in the 'hidden' area. Plus, it's  easier to polish alloy than get that lovely silky satin /clear coated  finish.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 04:42:14 PM by AshimotoK0 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal