Author Topic: Reinstalling the carburetors  (Read 2554 times)

butlerz4

Reinstalling the carburetors
« on: July 10, 2005, 09:35:12 AM »
Hello all, I am new to the forum and in need of some help. I recently acquired a 1976 CB750 Super Sport. basket case I have it almost put back together but am having problems installing the carbs. The carbs are mounted on the brace with the rubber intake tubes on the head side. I have tried lubbeing both the carbs and the rubber but can not seem to get everything lined up right. I though I had close once but as I was tightening  the bans the  whole thing fell off. I have worked on this for hours and not getting anywhere. Is there a trick to getting these on right? I am going to have to take the bike to a mechanic soon enough to dial in the carbs and tune it in, but want to do as much myself as I can. Please help.

Thanks.
Butler

Offline JonnyHonda

• View Profile
RE:Reinstalling the carburetors
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 03:25:39 AM »
The first time I tried to refit the carbs I had the same problem, Still unsure how I managed it.

I did however buy new link rubbers and jubilee clips.

I mounted the rubbers first and made sure they were not too tight so the could be twisted to line up when the carbs are presented.

Lightly greased rubber inners and "Forecd" the carbs in in one go, not one at a time.

I did have someone to hold the bike as this was done, because it fell of the stand last time :mad:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal