Author Topic: No SOHC Four Yet!  (Read 3823 times)

Offline briggsc

• View Profile
Re: No SOHC Four Yet!
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2015, 11:10:16 AM »
Thanks for that gents, Mr Ives & Stotfold duly noted.

I agree the yellow of the F1 wasn't the best, but at the time the dealer (Eddy Grimsteads of Eastham, long gone I believe) offered me a discount to take the yellow one off the showroom floor.  I was eighteen, 'gagging' for my first 'big' bike with £950 burning a hole in my pocket!

Anyway thanks again everyone for your contributions / info, spring's just around the corner....who am I kidding, I've got ice on the inside of the kitchen window! suppose I'll just have to give in to madam's demands to put the heating on again...

Regards,

Colin

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: No SOHC Four Yet!
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2015, 11:59:48 AM »
Yes I know Graham but don't you just wish you could get your mitts on em for that price!

They were from a dealer who fell out with Honda and shut up his shop and left everything untouched for years. He refused to sell em to DS but then the dealer died and he managed to persuade the sons to sell them to him.
Ash

WELCOME COLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I will keep my mouth closed on what price I buy most of my bikes for  ;) Did miss out on a CB750K2 the other day. Passed on it, then found out later that it come with a NOS box set of 341's. I have had contact with the chap who did buy it and he is well happy :'(
I know the Oxford Classic Honda have a nice F1 up for sale and the guy is well trusted in the trade. I think that is were Steph got her very nice CB550F2 from.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal