Author Topic: cruzinimage_uk Parts  (Read 2823 times)

Offline sprinta

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
cruzinimage_uk Parts
« on: January 20, 2015, 01:59:49 PM »
Has anybody used parts from cruzinimage_uk and in particular their piston rings?

They are a fraction of the cost of UK purchased ones but are they any good and will they last more that a few miles?

Similarly, are the brake hose and carb kits they supply good? Again they are much cheaper than UK sourced items? Yes there will be 20% VAT to pay and a courier collection charge but they will still be cheaper.

Do we know if they are made in Japan or simply sourced from the Far East. Having said that do we know where UK bought parts are sourced/made unless we use Gen Honda parts which no doubt are also made in the Far East, but hopefully with better quality control?

Offline Frisky

• View Profile
Re: cruzinimage_uk Parts
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 02:56:44 PM »
Hi Sprinta,

I recently rebuilt a set of 400/4 carbs with the kit from crizinimage. I shared your scepticism about quality versus price and origin but was pleasantly surprised with the parts.

They all fitted well and worked well so far (only about 180 miles on the parts yet). The characters on the parts bags were definitely Japanese but that doesn't mean to say they were made in Japan - they could have been from elsewhere, but then you can say that about any parts!

The price difference is quite large compared to some other UK suppliers and the delivery was very quick (5 working days from order) - I would give it a go if I were you.

Good luck,

Frisky

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 04:28:56 PM »
Used the Cruzimage carb kits on two CB750F2's. Had trouble getting some of the float valves to seat. Under a magnifying glass the rubber cones were rough and burred. I perservered on first bike and got them to work and they have been okay since. Second time I swapped them for some others (unknown make) and they worked straight away. The rest of the kit looked good quality. I would buy them again as the whole Cruzimage kit is way cheaper than just the seals and gasket set from DSS. Cheers.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline sprinta

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 04:53:16 PM »
Strangely, it seems that the carb kits seem to include everything except the the needle jet? Not sure what there is to wear on a main jet or air screw, which are included but they seem to supply a needle but no needle jet to go with it? Should they not be change at the same time as the jet is likely to wear?

Anybody had experience with the the piston rings from them?

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 05:57:54 PM »
I have found the piston rings spot-on. Better that the OEM rings that have the single oil ring which i find too brittle.

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 07:51:29 PM »
Until today never heard off them damn caves we live in still aint got internet :D
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 08:01:45 PM »
Until today never heard off them damn caves we live in still aint got internet :D
Cheers
Bitsa

I am still using bongo drums ;D ;D ;D

Online ka-ja

• ken
  • SOHC Pro
  • yoshi 460
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 08:04:32 PM »
Hi,
    And I still type with one finger!-----Ken
nice bike,nothing in the bank

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 08:05:45 PM »
You have to with some muppets do they give you the footie results aswell? ;) ;)
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 08:15:01 PM »
You have to with some muppets do they give you the footie results aswell? ;) ;)
Cheers
Bitsa

Never watch football. Had a girl once that was listening to a guy going on about football in the pub. She said to him, "I can understand why a woman would watch guys running about in shorts but, not guys watching guys". The guy replied, "it is all down to the sport". So she though in, " OK, if you are watching tennis. Are you watching the men or woman?"  ;D ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal