Author Topic: CB350 Wow !  (Read 1931 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: CB350 Wow !
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 07:54:13 PM »
Nice but, it has a number plate. In the read up it states: There is no title because the bike has never been issued a title or MSO from Honda. It is a Honda CB350 Prototype and will be issued a bill of sale when sold.
If it has never been issued a title then why does it have a plate?

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 08:01:51 PM »

Take your point about the Reg plate Graham.. Also it has a UK style rear oval lamp.
Brilliant restoration reference pictures for my 350K1 though, as apart from the seat and an extra tank stripe mine is the same.

Ash
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 08:08:04 PM »
Love it Ash nice find
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 08:08:42 PM »

Take your point about the Reg plate Graham.. Also it has a UK style rear oval lamp.
Brilliant restoration reference pictures for my 350K1 though, as apart from the seat and an extra tank stripe mine is the same.

Ash

Sorry Ash, are you saying that yours has a extra tank stripe? I also can not work out if that is a extra strap on the rear of the seat. Ok, it is the seem.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 08:17:44 PM by Trigger »

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 08:23:37 PM »
Yes that's a K0 mine is a K1, so K1 has a tank stripe and pleated seat ( same as K2). Yes it's a seam at the back with slight 'ducktail' . My K0 250 looks identical (same candy red)  but we got the fugly deeply valenced  mudguards here.

Ash

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 10:04:32 PM »
A bike in the states can still have a plate and not be titled...it may have a registration instead or temporary plates at some point...

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 10:09:10 PM »
A bike in the states can still have a plate and not be titled...it may have a registration instead or temporary plates at some point...

Never knew that James. I always thought to get a plate you needed a title. Well, the plate is 1968 not sure what the law was back then.

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 11:56:23 PM »
 if its a preproduction bike why does it start at 100008 ? as you know ash, the production run started at 1000001 with all k0 models ::)
 ???  for example  cb750 pre production bikes started at two thousand with only four digits in frame #
 so what am i missing here??? but a nice bike all the same just that i cant see it as a pre production bike myself  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal