Author Topic: Funny Band on Frank's JDM Clocks  (Read 3298 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Funny Band on Frank's JDM Clocks
« on: January 30, 2015, 07:45:10 PM »
Looks Like Frank has sold the JDM 750K0 that I saw for sale at Lotherton Hall VJMC Show last summer for 16k . It was 10k ONO at lotherton.  At the time it had a different (not Yamiya or original) seat on it and 'scripted' modern DID rims. Looks like a low style Yamiya seat on it now. [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

I noticed at the time it had a funny looking ring around the clock lenses which are still on it. At first I thought it had been fitted with Lecram's lenses and mounted upside down but probably just a ring of something to hide some blemish/glue.

It's a nice bike (was 'madjack' on Ebay's) but I thought 10k was a bit much never mind 16k

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1970-Honda-CB750-K0-Diecast-Classic-Vintage-Rare-RESERVED-SOLD-TO-PHILIP-/131337241808?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item1e944f44d0

TRIED TO UPLOAD PIC STEVE BUT GOT UPLOAD FOLDER FULL ERROR
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
Re: Funny Band on Frank's JDM Clocks
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 08:50:09 PM »
Sorry about the upload folder. I've been out all day and have been getting emails from the hosting company saying the disk is full and I'll have to buyer space.
I can't do that right now so please hang on for a couple of days.
You guys have been pretty generous with donations so there's no problem in paying for more space.
Just remember that uploading a 3Mb camera picture is a waste of space as we don't have screens capable of displaying them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline RGP750

• SOHC Master
  • "always look on the bright side of life"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 09:51:16 PM »
What is the optimum size for pictures please Steve.
i assume 72 dpi but what is max or optimum pixel width.
Cheers Rich
1972 500/4
1973 CB175
1972 CB175
1959 BSA Super rocket
1927 960cc Matchless 'v' twin
1969 750 K0

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 08:07:31 AM »
I'll write a FAQ on this but the 72dpi is a bit of a myth as most people now have HD screens and tablets and smartphones offer 250dpi+ now!
I always resize to 1024 on the horizontal axis as this generally gives a file size of ~200k and looks good on any screen.
Unfortunately, most cameras now default to 3840 which is OK if you have a massive screen but just wasted storage space.

2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 08:10:07 AM »
As you can see, most of my forum time is on a mobile and I have an old iPhone 4.
Anyone else using the new version of Tapatalk?
I have uploaded a forum banner photo of one of E's K2s

2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 08:11:37 AM »
Pic from my phone.

2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 09:21:55 AM »
Frac me I must be a caveman WTH are you all on about? :'(Trig do you know?
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 09:38:29 AM »
Frac me I must be a caveman WTH are you all on about? :'(Trig do you know?
Cheers
Bitsa

Bitsa, i am right at the back of the cave on this one  ;D

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Funny Band on Frank's JDM Clocks
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 09:43:12 AM »
Come on get with it you two. Steve yeah I'm using tapatalk (have been for past two years). Looking good.

Graham / Ralph. It's a program (app) on smart phones (iphones, android phones etc) that is designed to make using forums like this very easy.

Amongst other things you can upload photos directly from your phone without having to dick about with cameras, pc's, transferring files etc...

You can also quickly switch between forums and subscribe to threads etc...

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 09:58:24 AM »
Come on get with it you two. Steve yeah I'm using tapatalk (have been for past two years). Looking good.

Graham / Ralph. It's a program (app) on smart phones (iphones, android phones etc) that is designed to make using forums like this very easy.

Amongst other things you can upload photos directly from your phone without having to dick about with cameras, pc's, transferring files etc...

You can also quickly switch between forums and subscribe to threads etc...

All i know is that when i try to get on the forum using my phone. Tapatalk keeps coming up over the whole screen. Hit it a few time with my caveman club before it goes away  ;D ;D ;D

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2015, 10:17:57 AM »
Must admit, although I programme on a PC for the test rigs I build for my business, I too am a bit of a caveman when it comes to mobiles (fed up with fixing them too for nothing). Have you noticed that you used to see couples in pubs staring into space all night looking bored with each other ... now they are all still not talking to one another much  but tapping on iphones all night.

James .... will this app auto reduce the the file size uploaded to say 200k  from say a a 1 Meg jpg file?
Also what is the best PC app (low cost) to reduce all of the massive scans of magazines I have. My scanner is great but to get a decent image of really old, yellowed pages, I find I have to use high res scanning which creates massive files. i have lots to sahre will people on here but presently I have to put them on Dropbox as massive , individual files. A single .pdf file would be ideal.

Back to the original post, here is the picture.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4brvybsvan63pp5/clocks%20JDM.JPG?dl=0
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2015, 10:40:14 AM »
No it won't Ash. Quite the opposite if you are not careful. It takes the picture off your phone (which was originally taken at multi-megabit size...

When you txt a picture, the message app asks what resolution/filesize you would like to send. Why can't Tapatalk do that.

I'll ask them...
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2015, 10:57:50 AM »
Frac does that mean I have to buy a mobile James? ;)
Cheers
Ralph
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline BigAl (Alan)

• SOHC Pro
  • Hope its sunny at the weekend
    • View Profile
    • www.alans-electrics.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2015, 01:11:41 PM »
I'm still using my dated laptop...If it's not broken, they why fix it.
Ash, I too saw the bike at 'Lotherton' to me it looked a bit tied and not worth the 10K. The bike that is now sold  has definitely been stripped and re-built...don't think I'd pay 16K, but still a rear bike.
Current bikes:-
Honda CB750 K4 (1974) USA
Honda XL500S (1980) UK
Honda CD175 sloper (1968) UK
Honda CB1100A (2013) UK
www.alans-electrics.co.uk

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2015, 04:33:32 PM »
I'm still using my dated laptop...If it's not broken, they why fix it.
Ash, I too saw the bike at 'Lotherton' to me it looked a bit tied and not worth the 10K. The bike that is now sold  has definitely been stripped and re-built...don't think I'd pay 16K, but still a rear bike.

Agree Al but it's still got the 'scripted rims' on it and those dodgy looking clocks. I think at the time it had the K0 seat cover on it that I sold him on eBay. There was a  Blue K6 next to it at Lotherton ... now that was  nice!

After my son went with me to Newark in January   he's going to go to Stafford with me next time ... so no more 'Billy No Mates"  ;D

Ash

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal