Author Topic: Chroming ... Classics and Chrome Hinckley  (Read 3458 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Chroming ... Classics and Chrome Hinckley
« on: February 14, 2015, 09:48:47 AM »
Got my chroming back from Classics and Chrome Hinkley Leics.  yesterday afternoon.. picked it up myself in the car  as I don't trust couriers, which was a 250 mile round trip from East Yorks mainly down the M1. Well pleased with it  :) :) :) :) :) :)
After quoting and me  giving him the go-ahead it was a 1 week turnaround. Amazing! Very , very slightly''blingy'  as Honda Chroming was crap and I can only just make out the DID diamond imprint in the Rim.. so be warned if you take a rare 750 rim to him to tell him to preserve the logo (I forgot  :-[) . Well chuffed with the quality though !! [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Total was £395 As far as I can work out the stays and centre were £25 each, 750 K0 guard 'blade' £70,  the 18" rear DID rim £110, the CB250K0 mudguard complete with stays and centre section was £100, handlebars £40

Told the owner David I would give him a mention on here. He triple plates all of the big stuff I think (not sure) and did some pretty amazing repair/copper plate  build up on my friends really ropey and bady rusted parts.

Ash
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 07:24:15 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Chroming ... Classics and Chrome Hinckley
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 11:26:08 AM »
Ash
Nice one they look the dogs and for the price, 2 new guards have well exceeded that if you can find them ;)
Cheers
Ralph
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 11:30:19 AM »
Looks great ash, i will save up and possibly give him a go
pete

Offline BigAl (Alan)

• SOHC Pro
  • Hope its sunny at the weekend
    • View Profile
    • www.alans-electrics.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 12:18:23 PM »
Looks good Ash, will you be building the wheels, or are you sending them away.

Alan
Current bikes:-
Honda CB750 K4 (1974) USA
Honda XL500S (1980) UK
Honda CD175 sloper (1968) UK
Honda CB1100A (2013) UK
www.alans-electrics.co.uk

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 02:02:49 PM »
I will have eight wheels to build in total as I am going to redo my 400/4 wheels with original DID rims (when I restored it in '86 the only rims I could get NOS were from a Suzuki (10 quid each  from Queens Park Motors in Salford) and I got  a dealer  called Phil Gordon in Hull to re-build them with those rims and new rustless spokes. Turned out he had a punk rock young girl in there who actually did the wheelbuilding!!  Anyway going to try to teach myself to wheelbuild from info on here and Youtube!

Ash
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 05:20:50 PM »
Ash if you want to give me a ring when i,m at work i will tell you the easy way

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2015, 07:34:14 PM »
Ash if you want to give me a ring when i,m at work i will tell you the easy way

Great Bryan, You are a top man ! I will do this when I have got all of the parts together. I am trying to use original replated spokes wherever possible. The only wheel I will use the DS replicas I bought on is the 750K0 rear.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal