Author Topic: TEC Shocks and Mount Width  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Chris400F

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
TEC Shocks and Mount Width
« on: February 14, 2015, 10:46:42 AM »
I have just bought some rear shocks for my CB400/4 from TEC Bike Parts (www.tecbikeparts.com/Home_Page.html) - their stuff seemed
to have decent reviews so I thought I'd give them a try. I found the top mount for the new shocks is narrower than the mount on the bike.

When I queried this I was told that "we use industry standard 21mm width mounts, some years of Honda have 25mm mounts. Usually all
you need to do id add some 16mm id washers to space them". I'm sure this will work, and is probably what I will end up doing.

My mounts are 25mm and those on my CB250 G5 also appear to be 25mm although I haven't actually removed the shocks to check.
I haven't come across this 'industry standard 21mm' stuff before and was wondering firstly what width the mounts are on other models of
bike, and secondly whether anyone else has had anything from TEC and what they thought of it.

Thanks in advance for comments.

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: TEC Shocks and Mount Width
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 11:22:19 AM »
 Chris
Don't know S I stuff but I have bought to sets of replicas 1 from DS fit no sweat the other set from France had to put washers on.
Conclusion leave that to you ;)
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: TEC Shocks and Mount Width
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 11:45:30 AM »
I use TEC shocks, not a bad shock for the price. Yes, you have to space them but, they are ideal if fitting a rack ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal