Author Topic: Does F2 need top yoke spacer D-washers  (Read 1320 times)

Offline JustcallmeMrT

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Does F2 need top yoke spacer D-washers
« on: February 22, 2015, 05:36:16 PM »
Another questions gents - will be getting by fork tubes back from Philpotts soon so looking at getting my front end together.  Was looking on cmsnl and the D-washers/spacers for the top yoke aren't listed.  Read a few posts saying the F2 didn't use them, but want to be sure rather than risking cracking things.  Is there a way to tell?

Also, are spacers needed for the bottom clamps?

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Does F2 need top yoke spacer D-washers
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 06:25:09 PM »
Dont think so cant remember who told me if the yoke bolts are 6mm and not 8 mm dont need them.What spacers do you mean on the bottom thought all were just bolts
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline JustcallmeMrT

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 06:27:10 PM »
Dont think so cant remember who told me if the yoke bolts are 6mm and not 8 mm dont need them.What spacers do you mean on the bottom thought all were just bolts
Cheers
Bitsa
When I got the bike, there were no bolts in, the tubes were just siezed in. 
Now trying to figure out how it should all go together properly.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 06:34:52 PM »
D washers on the F1 top yoke but, not the F2. Not sure if it is a different alloy but, are you sure it is a F2 yoke is the question.

Offline JustcallmeMrT

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 07:22:00 PM »
D washers on the F1 top yoke but, not the F2. Not sure if it is a different alloy but, are you sure it is a F2 yoke is the question.
On this bike I'd be a fool to say I was sure of anything.  I think it was a frankenbike before I ever got it... tipped off by the GSXR indicators.

Offline JustcallmeMrT

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 06:13:02 AM »
Simple to test. Can an 8mm bolt go down the tube clamp hole, if so it's a 550F1 if not it's a 550F2. The F2 used 7mm with 10mm heads, the F1 used 8mm with 12mm heads, because the hole is thinner it left more alloy so it's less prone to breakage than the earlier version.
Perfect, will take a look.  Thanks!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal