Author Topic: K1 switchgear  (Read 1065 times)

Offline dieffe

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
    • My website
K1 switchgear
« on: February 22, 2015, 10:16:53 PM »
Hi again,
The switchgears on the K1 are completely shot and I have been looking at the ones David Silver is selling.
It lists the left hand one as a genuine part but it is slightly different than the one I have in that theirs has the word TURN after the L/R on the indicator switch and mine doesn't.

On the right hand side one theirs has the light switch marked as . L H, whereas mine has . L p H.

I know it's not much different but will they be ok to use or best avoided, they do seem quite inexpensive for what they are.

Thanks in advance.

By the way, I'm not building some concourse restoration here, I wouldn't know how, just tidying things up a bit to make the bike presentable so things that are not exactly right for the bike is not too much of a problem as long as they work ok.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: K1 switchgear
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 10:23:51 PM »
Hi again,
The switchgears on the K1 are completely shot and I have been looking at the ones David Silver is selling.
It lists the left hand one as a genuine part but it is slightly different than the one I have in that theirs has the word TURN after the L/R on the indicator switch and mine doesn't.

On the right hand side one theirs has the light switch marked as . L H, whereas mine has . L p H.

I know it's not much different but will they be ok to use or best avoided, they do seem quite inexpensive for what they are.

Thanks in advance.

By the way, I'm not building some concourse restoration here, I wouldn't know how, just tidying things up a bit to make the bike presentable so things that are not exactly right for the bike is not too much of a problem as long as they work ok.

You must watch the word Genuine, it does not mean original. Look up Yamiya, they will have the correct switch.

Offline dieffe

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 11:13:12 PM »
You must watch the word Genuine, it does not mean original. Look up Yamiya, they will have the correct switch.
Thank you, I hadn't thought of that, I assumed Genuine was a genuine NOS part that would be right.
I will have a look at Yamiya now.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 08:30:54 AM »
One is US and one is Uk the US have off low and high where as Uk have park i think i might be wrong
pete

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal