Author Topic: My Us K6  (Read 2581 times)

Offline MeilakJ

• SOHC Member
  • Life is what you make it!!
    • View Profile
My Us K6
« on: March 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM »
Hi Guys and Gals!,

Finally managed to get my freshly arrived Us bike !! After loads of Paper work (customs)!!

Obviously have to start fixing here and  there  until its all as I need it . will be keeping it as standard as possible with just a noisy 4 in to 1 in the future!!

First Item I noticed that I need taking care of are the clutch as it is not 100 % , Front Fork as it is not damping as it should and most important the start button is missing !!

Regarding clutch and front fork is this a home  job? I ve got loads of tools in the garage and I am good with hands on but the last Clutch I replaced was the one on My rd250 LC around 15 Years ago !! and I have never serviced a front fork before !Also Were is the best recommended place for the spares? and would also the plates need replacing ?

As for the starter button I have managed to source the button on a Us website but shipping was sky high !!Do you know of any other source in the EU?

Will update with pics as I need to resize them !

Cheers

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: My Us K6
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 02:47:59 AM »
David Silver Spares or CMSNL for parts. What bike is it?

Offline MeilakJ

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 08:35:37 AM »
Its A CB750 K6 USA

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 09:47:23 AM »
K6 start button is usually only available as a complete switch as it is complicated, if you fit a UK model type switch you can have the headlamp off, US has lights on all the time

Offline MeilakJ

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 12:27:11 PM »
I am aware of this but luckily the bike for some reason has a switch which is different , as it has the light switch incorporated with it . Might have  been changed at one time . I managed to find the switch from Yamiya will make a bigger order to get it with other stuff .

I also found the tread showing complete versions of the switches and how to work on them  which I will use to carry out repairs as it is very detailed and makes it look easy hopefully !!

Regards the clutch is there a special tool needed to dismatle ?

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 03:12:30 PM »
Special tool to undo the clutch nut but that is all

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 02:32:00 PM »
On my k6 either of these switches work the first I think is f1 the second is replica k2 the only differences I know of is the red markings for lights and last is clutch tool
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline MeilakJ

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 07:06:44 PM »
Thanks for the info to all!!

All my reading from this site has been use full. I have been busy dismantling the whole bike !! .Quite a challenge but i have enjoying everybit !! I am very glad to find that the bike is all there and all parts are they left from the factory !!

Today I have taken the engine out and when I removed the chain I noticed that the sprocket seem to be loose, not so tight in place is this normal ? would it need replacing ? Any comments would be appreciated !!

Tonight I will start ordering parts hopefully. Will have to go from Germany cause of the high Euro to GBP rate !!

Cheers

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2015, 11:39:09 AM »
If yours has the locking plate with two 10mm spanner size bolts it is not supposed to be a tight fit on the spline

Offline MeilakJ

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2015, 06:13:46 PM »
Yes That is how it is with the 2 bolts . Thanks for the info.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal