Author Topic: Float bowl gasket. A cry for help!  (Read 790 times)

Offline Sparrow1

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Float bowl gasket. A cry for help!
« on: April 04, 2015, 05:15:51 PM »
Hi guys,
  Just run up my 750 K0 after balance and Winter hibernation and no3 carb leaks extensively. Carbs were kept dry over Winter for obvious reasons. On inspection the rubber Gasket has been been compressed unevenly in one spot and will never seal again. Engine and carbs running sweetly.
  I am (was?) hoping to ride out on a local jap run over the Sun/Mon and wondered if anyone has a spare gasket that fits the K series carbs and lives quite close to Ringwood, Bouremouth in order I can steal one? Are they are all common size? Even the F1/2's? Pain all this...😡 or is there a way of sealing this using the original rubber of which 10% of the groove is now compressed? Thanks.

Nige.

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Float bowl gasket. A cry for help!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 06:32:54 PM »
Nige wish I was closer - I'm in Brighton (Bn3) have a new set here if you can be bothered to come across?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 06:58:02 PM by Jamesh_sussex »

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Float bowl gasket. A cry for help!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 06:56:32 PM »
I had a persistant carb bowl that leaked even with a new gasket.Put some sealer around it and not leaked since will get you by
B O L
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Sparrow1

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Re: Float bowl gasket. A cry for help!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 10:29:52 AM »
Thanks guys.
  Just back in from a mate with K2 and I have 2 good rubbers to 'play' with!😊
   Now to try and prevent me knuckles from cracking refitting it's! Thanks once again.

Nige.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal