Author Topic: Yamiya Bodywork.  (Read 4230 times)

Offline atlsec

• View Profile
Yamiya Bodywork.
« on: April 23, 2015, 03:39:38 PM »
Hi Guys ,
             I have just purchased a 1970 K1 for a complete refurb job . I was wondering if anybody had ever bought the complete bodywork kits from Yamiya ? and if so what was the quality like as its a lot of money to lay out on something you cannot see in front of you .  Other questions will be following on when the bike turns up . Cheers , Alan .

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: Yamiya Bodywork.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 05:45:58 PM »
Hi Guys ,
             I have just purchased a 1970 K1 for a complete refurb job . I was wondering if anybody had ever bought the complete bodywork kits from Yamiya ? and if so what was the quality like as its a lot of money to lay out on something you cannot see in front of you .  Other questions will be following on when the bike turns up . Cheers , Alan .

The complete set from Yamiya is very good and not a bad price when you think that some sprayers in the UK will charge £450 for the paint job. I totally agree with James on the finish is better than the original  ;)

Offline atlsec

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 06:46:13 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys ,
                                          I must admit that pic looks good so I will get in touch with them when the time arrives .  Just to let you know that I have built a few bikes in the past but I do not seem to be able to attach the pics of them yet ? . My new acquisition arrives on Monday, this time I will take before and after pics .My last one I managed to wipe all the before pics off my camera by mistake . Not a happy bunny as I was well into the rebuild when I twigged what I`d done . Thanks again for the positive comments on the bodywork . As an aside , you are actually getting all new parts as well as the paint and decals .So not a bad deal at all . Cheers ,Alan .

Offline RGP750

• SOHC Master
  • "always look on the bright side of life"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 06:57:57 PM »
Hi Alan
The body kit is cheap compared with a re spray, also you can sell the original bits to offset cost a bit.
The photos you lost on your camera you can get back with a program called rescue pro it you didn't format the card
Rich
1972 500/4
1973 CB175
1972 CB175
1959 BSA Super rocket
1927 960cc Matchless 'v' twin
1969 750 K0

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 07:15:06 PM »
Hi Alan.
You need 5 posts to be allowed  to attach files.
Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline atlsec

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 07:20:29 PM »
 5 x Posts ! my god that's almost a fence . Never mind the time will soon pass .
Hello James ,I see you are from Sussex as well .Are there many cb owners  in the area as it would be nice to see them in the flesh so to speak  (bikes not owners ).  Cheers ,Alan .

Offline atlsec

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 07:34:09 PM »
Hi All,
          Does anyone have any ideas on how to find out the original colour as mine is all black ? Thanks .

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 07:41:22 PM »
Hi All,
          Does anyone have any ideas on how to find out the original colour as mine is all black ? Thanks .

This will give you a idea of what colours >  www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1qCE5L3eBY

Scratch some of the paint off to see what you find  ;)

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 07:45:48 PM »
Also, put your location in your profile as it stops all the "Where are you" posts later.
Steve
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 08:38:56 PM »
Alan, as steve says stick your location in your profile. I'm down in Hove - few cb owners down here and dotted around Kent, Surrey, Midx etc...

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 08:42:54 PM »
What surprise me is the amount out there but , i hardly ever see them other than special events
Oh yes welcome aboard alan, as james says good choice with the K1, and the aftermarket body kits are bloody good value as far as i am concerned, they save so much hassle, and there are not that many painters who can spray these up azs good as the replica's
pete

Offline atlsec

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 10:12:51 PM »
 Sorry about the profile stuff ,done now .
                                                            As far as the colour info goes thanks for the  leads . Having had my last 6 x bikes re-sprayed with all traces of old paint removed I wondered if you could find out with a frame number ? ,I will probable go the gold route as that seems to grab me more .It seems there was no blue option for 1970 which is a pity as that looks good as well . Anyway time for bed now . Thanks for all your replies .  Alan .

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2015, 11:04:20 PM »
Hi Alan - about 15 mins away from me if you  live in sompting.

They actually did two Blue schemes for the K1, Candy Blue Green and Polynesian Blue...

http://www.yamiya750.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=246_157_270_167&products_id=1836

http://www.yamiya750.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=246_157_270_167&products_id=2080

Both lovely colours.

These are the body sets that Yamiya stock for the K1....

https://www.yamiya750.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=157_270_167

Online Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2015, 06:59:49 AM »
Not even Honda can tell you what colour it was off the line, all you can do is look at what was available, some countries differ, and pick one you like

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2015, 07:46:20 AM »
Yes ..thinking back I paid 550 for repaint of my 750K0 bodyset back in 2010, and even then I had to haggle and offer pound notes, plus two round trips of about 100 miles. So the kit is good value and the sandcastonly boys tell me the wrinkle tank 'wrinkles' are spot on correct...which is a real accolade coming from them. A big thank you to David at Saisei for making this stuff available to us at a reasonable and 'known' cost... he's a really good guy to deal with too so +1 with you on that James.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal