Author Topic: Seat cover  (Read 1649 times)

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Seat cover
« on: April 25, 2015, 09:10:50 AM »
Has anyone put a new cover on their saddle?  Is it difficult to get right?  Any recommended supplier?

Does anyone make a leather one?

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Seat cover
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 09:21:54 AM »
Done 2 now not hard both 750 just take your time think used classic seat covers
Cheers
Bitsa
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 09:24:00 AM »
If you want to go cheap and cheerfull, pvc fabric from a general fabric and sewing shop is only £1a metre and if fitted on a hot day streaches nicely enough to give a reasonable fit. If you feel fussy you can stitch the front edges, and rear corners, it makes for a neater job then just folding. I found an ancient hand cranked Singer sewing machinewas up to the job of sewing this stuff in multiple layers. I also use it for sidecar roofs and so far the first atttemt roof is still ok after a decade of use, same for thd k3 seat I did over a  decade ago, though it has been in a loft for most of that time so doesn't really count.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 09:36:04 AM »
Thanks Matthew, you will not be surprised to learn that I have a hand cranked sewing machine.  I thought if I were to go to those lengths I would like to make a leather one but don't think machine up to the job.

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 10:28:43 AM »
Bitsa - how did you replicate the bonded chrome strip that runs round the bottom lip of the seat base?

Offline Chris400F

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 10:51:32 AM »
I got the cover for my 400/4 from Tight Fit Seats on eBay. They had a deal including cover, strap and studs.
Quality seems fine, cover went on OK even though I have no experience at this sort of thing.
New strap fittings came from DS as originals were corroded.
Only slight problem was that studs have solid centre, one near seat latch needed shortening to clear latch.
They have a variety of covers but all come without the Honda logo. I ordered a stencil from here which I have yet to use:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331206122697?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Offline Bitsa (Ralph Wright - RIP)

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 02:05:28 PM »
James
You buy it of a roll I believe.Once your happy how the cover fits you slide it around the bottom and uses the original tags to keep it located and cut to size real easy peze
Cheers
Ralph
Long Live Best Bitter.Status Quo and Sohc Bikes and common sense which you can not teach

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 05:03:31 PM »
Has anyone put a new cover on their saddle?  Is it difficult to get right?  Any recommended supplier?

Does anyone make a leather one?

I get mine from Dis-covers, easy to fit as long as the pan is good.

Offline Piki

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 12:55:31 PM »
Hello, if you need Stencil Honda Logo, I have it, special price for member of this Forum!
Best Regards.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal