Author Topic: Anyone Going to stafford Today Check these out on DSS Stand  (Read 4034 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Anyone Going to stafford Today Check these out on DSS Stand
« on: April 26, 2015, 06:58:09 AM »
Went to show yesterdays with my greabo mate who wanted BSA A10 / A7 parts. He had us lug A10  forks, gearbox, oiltank, shocks and carb back the long tunnel trek back to my car.

Anyway, followers of the 'Ashimoto tales', may remember I went the VJMC show last July at Lotherton Hall and this funny little Lancastrian guy called Les  . 'leslamo' on eBay, had quite a bit of NOS Honda stuff and he had a set of 4 metal-shrouded, Nippon Denso plug caps marked 40 GBP on the plastic bag,  so I offered him 30 and he moaned on about being able to sell them all day on eBay for 60 (joke). He reluctantly accepted and I handed him the 30 quid, picked the bag up and he said "NO 30 quid EACH" , so I walked away.

Anyway David Silver on his stand 'Bargain Corner' had a cardboard box full of these so I bought four. The were supposed to be 3 quid each but I had no change so the 'main man' just said give him a tenner. Walked round a bit more and went back, slapped another tenner in his hand making a total of 8 for cost of 20 quid. Oh and before anyone comments, I know that functionally these are crap. Just need some cranked ones now but at least I have 'trades'

Anyway he had quite a few left (at 4PM) if anyone is going today. His stand is on the LH wall (as you walk in from the front) in the main hall. Also picked up a couple of orders I had with them post free, collect at the show.

David from Saisei was not there.

Mainly Brit stuff there but a few Honda around but nothing special but literally tons of British bike  stuff. The grumpy 'On all Fours' Honda guy was there plus the OCD guy who sells old mags and stands watching you like a hawk and then tidies them all up again neatly, in chronological order, when you go. There were a few reso 400/4's around but needed lots or work, also a couple of CB160's , again quite rough. One jumble stand had a complete 400/4 engine and 500/4 cases but there was no price on it.

Said hello to Ian on the MOTAD stand, what a nice bloke he is and so glad he has joined us on here.

Ash

« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 12:25:37 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
Re: Anyone Going to stafford Today Check these out on DSS Stand
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 07:18:34 AM »
You did well Ash; I paid 40 Euro (£28) for a set from Germany. Oddly, the set contains 2 straight + 2 cranked (45 deg) plug caps.

Haven't fitted 'em!

Simon

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 07:30:05 AM »
You did well Ash; I paid 40 Euro (£28) for a set from Germany. Oddly, the set contains 2 straight + 2 cranked (45 deg) plug caps.

Haven't fitted 'em!

Simon

Two of them should be "cranked"  Simon for a 400/4

The pipes were still there at 4 ..I think 150 Quid
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 07:37:55 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline tom400f

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 09:38:58 AM »

Haven't fitted 'em!

Simon

Mine has them just like that Simon.  ::)
1978 CB400F2 Yellow
1995 VFR750FS Red
1997 VFR750FV Lapis Blue
2013 Yamaha FZ8 Grey

Offline BigAl (Alan)

• SOHC Pro
  • Hope its sunny at the weekend
    • View Profile
    • www.alans-electrics.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 10:32:44 AM »
Hi Ash,  I went on Saturday, enjoyed the day (apart from some rain)  In the main area a little way to the right of DS, there was a display for a powder coating kit for home use, 1st time that I have seen it (anyone tried it)...OK you would need a big oven for a frame, but for smaller pieces a domestic oven set at 180 degree's would do the job...?
Is it new, or has it been around for a while?
Current bikes:-
Honda CB750 K4 (1974) USA
Honda XL500S (1980) UK
Honda CD175 sloper (1968) UK
Honda CB1100A (2013) UK
www.alans-electrics.co.uk

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 11:14:45 AM »
Did you see the Black CD175A sloper tank with decent chrome panels Al on an outside autojumble stand ? Thought I had found a nice rechromed original style 18" x 1.60 front DID rim at 120 GBP (pre-haggle) but the guy was wrong it was a 1.85 rear.

DSS also had a NOS set of gauges for a CB750K6 at 150 GBP ...don't know if this is a good buy or not.

This Z900  was also sold and the Z1 was priced around 16k from memory, unsold at the time I saw it.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 11:26:18 AM by AshimotoK0 »

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 11:27:04 AM »
"Two of them should be "cranked"  Simon for a 400/4"

Ah.... I (wrongly) figured all the SOHC Fours had a mix of straight & cranked....

Simon

Offline BigAl (Alan)

• SOHC Pro
  • Hope its sunny at the weekend
    • View Profile
    • www.alans-electrics.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 02:20:32 PM »
I missed the sloper!...the Z900 was definitely worth the money, the Z1 was priced at £17K outstanding detail/condition.
I had my 1st conversation with the man at 'on all fours'...I see what you mean, very economical with words...
Current bikes:-
Honda CB750 K4 (1974) USA
Honda XL500S (1980) UK
Honda CD175 sloper (1968) UK
Honda CB1100A (2013) UK
www.alans-electrics.co.uk

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 06:01:17 PM »
I think that z900 was a bargain imho...

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 06:21:44 PM »
Good report back ash, these events just dont interest me , but i bet if i went i would love it and to put a faces to the names would be good as well
pete

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2015, 06:29:22 PM »
Amazed you managed to get that picture at the DSS stand Ash. 12 o'clock on Saturday I couldn't get anywhere near for the massed crowds.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2015, 10:03:08 PM »
Amazed you managed to get that picture at the DSS stand Ash. 12 o'clock on Saturday I couldn't get anywhere near for the massed crowds.

Cheated Roy Got it off his Facebook Page  ;D

Those shows seem to grow and grow ... I reckon people are getting their mitts on their Pension now the rules have changed and investing in bikes.

Here is another shot of DSS bargain bin stand:-

« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 10:04:42 PM by AshimotoK0 »

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2015, 07:12:35 AM »
All that good stuff like the 500 exhausts and the tanks were long gone by dinner time on the first day.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 07:45:41 AM »
You must have had your beer goggles on Roy  because I didn't get to the DSS stand till about half two and the pipes were still there then. I think they were marked up  at 150 GBP. The tanks were not there though.
He had loads of NOS grey cables but I didn't know the sizes I needed....shame.

Ash

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2015, 04:22:39 PM »
Guess they must have had them down for someone at dinner time. I had a real good look in the boxes in the corner and I'm sure I would have spotted them. £150 sounds like a good price, was that for the pair or each.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal