Author Topic: CB350K  (Read 1544 times)

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
CB350K
« on: May 01, 2015, 12:00:16 PM »
 I decided to get mine going again after a 20 year rest but it seems hard to find parts for them nowadays.  Does anyone else on here own one and is there a good UK forum?

As you can see the lid from the toolbox is missing and it's really hard to find one.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 12:11:26 PM by florence »

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: CB350K
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 12:33:22 PM »
I have a CB250K0, CB350K1 both '69  and I am making a JDM250K0 'Dream' replica.
 problem with parts is that they are used in classic racing and the yanks are cafe racering them.
The rarest part is the Type 1 'Fat' 286 cam and followers that gave the 1968 250 30BHP and the 350 version 36 BHP (only 1BHP down on the 400/4).
Hales Honda is Stradbroke Suffolk used to be the place for parts but the couple that ran it don't do it any more.
DK have lots of bikes and parts but the parts are over the top pricewise. The guy there in the parts lists seized engines less alternator etc for about 400 and reckons he can sell them all day long to classic racers for that. Some may turn out to be bargains others not so hot.

What parts do you need?  I also have a little email forum with a few other UK restorers. DK have loads of toolboxes from US imports that don't have much corrosion on them

HondaTwins.net site is useful but mainly US contributors.
I have parts and shop manual etc.

Ash
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 06:06:55 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 01:07:51 PM »
Thanks. I first got this bike 30 years ago and rode it for ten years until the crankshaft failed; one of the big ends.  I discovered that these cannot be repaired but managed to find two spare engines one of which I robbed for the crank.  The bike is now running again and I took it for a ride on our private road.  It went really well although it felt really small compared to my CB500/4.  The next plan is to order some new brake shoes for the front and a set of wheel bearings.

The main thing I want really is a set of shock absorbers and a tool box .  The lid fell off many years ago.  I also need the bolt which holds on the rear brake lever and the clutch operating mechanism, the original one is worn out and won't adjust properly.  Apart from that it should work and go through MOT test.

I don't have plans to restore, I think I would need a better starting point as it is in quite a scruffy state.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 01:20:15 PM »
Thanks. I first got this bike 30 years ago and rode it for ten years until the crankshaft failed; one of the big ends.  I discovered that these cannot be repaired but managed to find two spare engines one of which I robbed for the crank.  The bike is now running again and I took it for a ride on our private road.  It went really well although it felt really small compared to my CB500/4.  The next plan is to order some new brake shoes for the front and a set of wheel bearings.

The main thing I want really is a set of shock absorbers and a tool box .  The lid fell off many years ago.  I also need the bolt which holds on the rear brake lever and the clutch operating mechanism, the original one is worn out and won't adjust properly.  Apart from that it should work and go through MOT test.

I don't have plans to restore, I think I would need a better starting point as it is in quite a scruffy state.

quite a few sets of shocks here. Make them a silly offer ..sometimes they accept.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=twowheelspares&item=351386908921&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XCB350+shock.TRS0&_nkw=CB350+shock&_sacat=0

« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 01:25:06 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 06:02:46 PM »
Recently bought two sets of Vesrah  front brake shoes and one rear from this guy. He may have more if you ask. I  do have is direct email if you want it by PM.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231543875082?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

BTW a lot of people think that the  cranks in the 250/350k's are the same but they are not.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 06:05:00 PM by AshimotoK0 »

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 07:38:37 PM »
Thanks Ash

Yes cranks, the 250 has slimmer con rods.  It is possible to use 250 crank in 350 but I would imagine it would be more prone to failure.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal