Author Topic: Seats from Dave S  (Read 2390 times)

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Seats from Dave S
« on: May 02, 2015, 08:16:58 PM »
has anyone bought one?  do they fit OK?

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: Seats from Dave S
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 09:24:24 PM »
has anyone bought one?  do they fit OK?

They have a plastic pan and rock on the frame. Better to re-do your old one.

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 09:35:26 AM »
oh dear.  when you say rock, is it quite bad.  My old one has a fibreglass base.

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 09:43:11 AM »
My pattern seat for the 400four fitted perfectly.  The plastic base means it won't rust and,  although it didn't have the rivets,  I bought some from fleabay and now I can't tell the difference.
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Offline s7paul

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 08:23:50 AM »
I had one, but it sat too high.  The silver trim is supposed to be in line with the tank trim, but it was considerably higher and always looked wrong.  I ended up selling it and buying one with a steel base.  This sits lower, but still isn't perfect.  The forward edge of the trim strip prevents the seat opening as far as it should (fouls on the tank), and it hasn't got the Honda logo on the back.  If only Honda would get some new ones made...

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 08:31:46 AM »
You could splash out on a new metal pan unit. Have bought a few of theses, made in Japan >  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CB500-CB-500-Four-K1-Sitzbank-Seat-Neu-/290811725353?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item43b5bac629

Piki, a forum member does the Honda logo  ;)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 08:34:00 AM by Trigger »

Offline s7paul

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 12:06:02 PM »
That looks exactly the same as the one I bought from CMS, which are currently listed at €249.  As I said above, not perfect, but probably the nearest you'll get to an original, so worth the money if you're trying to get your bike looking "as new".

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 08:13:43 AM »
Dealt with that seller Graham and he's an arse hole. He's the seller who removed all the rubber mounts from an original seat and then offered to sell me them when I complained. You'll also notice there are no rubber mounts on that seat as well, maybe he has a rubber fetish.

I have never had a problem with Andy, offers a good trade discount and most of his parts are a lot cheaper than Silver. These seats come in from Japan with no seat rubbers, CMSNL do the same seat without the rubbers  ;)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 08:15:35 AM »
Slightly  off topic but somewhere I have a spare 400/4 seat that has scabby cover so I decided to take a punt and pickup a 400/4 pattern cover from DSS at Stafford which is only about  a tenner including VAT and no postage as I picked it up at the show with other parts I had bought. Have not fitted it yet (still need to find the seat  :-[  ) but have to say , on first inspection, for the money, it looks  like a bargain.

Ash
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 08:17:09 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal