Author Topic: Registering with Yahoo auctions Japan  (Read 3441 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Registering with Yahoo auctions Japan
« on: May 18, 2015, 08:43:58 AM »
Trying to track down unique parts for the CB250 JDM only ' Dream' Relica I am hoping to build as a 'future' project starting with spare  parts I have  from a UK '69 CB250SS (K0)

A few leads on Yahoo Auctions Japan (no eBay there .. we used to have Yahoo here but it was gobbled up by eBay  >:(    :(  ).

Has anyone on here successfully registered?

Trouble is trying to register proving difficult. I have got a good lead from a CB350G owner in Japan, who teaches English there,  so maybe he can help me too.

Not contacted DK yet . They have an  office in Japan I think

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Ash
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 08:45:56 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Registering with Yahoo auctions Japan
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 02:54:56 PM »
Can't help with that Ash all I can say is that when I was in drydock in Yokohama(or at least the ship I was on was)the locals always seemed ready to help a foreigner with no Japanese words

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 04:55:45 PM »
Ash - you may want to try a proxy bidding service...these two links might be useful..

http://www.japonicamarket.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-u3Gw9p60I

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 12:25:37 AM »
Cheers James ..nice informative Youtube link there. Didn't realize that if you are outside of Japan you can't register.

cheers ...Aash
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 07:33:07 AM »
James ... have you used this service? It looks pretty straightforward and I have registered easily.

http://www.jauce.com

Not sure how  fees compare though  though .. a 20,000 Yen item  (107 GBP)  attracts a fee of 2,400 Yen  plus 300 Yen Bank charges = 2,700 Yen = 14.40 GBP, which doesn't sound too bad. Think is if the item weighs 1kg then you pay for up to 3kg so it would be nice to pool items, won on different auctions, and combine shipping (they say they will warehouse won items for up to 60 days with no additional storage fees). I reckon Japan to me is an untapped market for rare parts but it's a' toe in the water job' and sadly  I have been burned too many time to mention on eBay UK  :(

Ash

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 10:36:56 AM »
Just got an email from a really decent guy via 'Buddies Bike Shop' in Japan who teaches English language. He's a good customer of 'Buddies' (Buddy passed him onto me as Buddy doesn't speak English) he's got a CB350G and prepared to bid and post as a gift for me. That's the thing about the biking community... some really decent people about.  He used to own a GB250 JDM only .. I never even knew of it's existence until, coincidentally, last week I saw on Orcadian's blog (member here) that he used to own one.

Ash
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 12:53:41 PM by AshimotoK0 »

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 01:03:14 PM »
Hi Ash - not used a proxy bidding service (yet) but I may well do in the future. Great that you've made contact with a new buddy in Japan via buddy...:-). If anyone represents the good side of the biking community its you mate....

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 04:19:36 PM »
+ 1 on what James said,
pete

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal