Author Topic: dating certificate  (Read 3014 times)

Offline Noise

• View Profile
dating certificate
« on: June 11, 2015, 06:39:48 AM »
Morning All,

Hoping you grand folk could point me in the right direction? once i have finished restoring my Amen Savior chop i will then have to jump through all the red tape hoops and get her UK registered which im sure is going to be a ton of fun.

One of the things that i need to get hold of is a dating cert and i didn't know if any of you guys (or gals) have ever gotten one and /or know where to get one? is Honda UK the best place to start?

Thanks in advance

Noise

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: dating certificate
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 06:53:29 AM »
If it has the Honda headstock  or the original honda numbers then yes honda are the people to get it from, if it has a made up number relating to amen savior then your up the creek without a paddle
pete

Offline Noise

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 07:48:33 AM »
The frame number appears to be the "made up" number but i have the engine number? is that any good to get it dated or has it got to be the frame number?

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 08:08:13 AM »
I recently got a dating cert,

Honda were very helpful,it cost £30 inc VAT,

send your request to

Honda (UK)
 Cain Rd
 Bracknell
 Berks

RG12 1HL

01344-888000

as you only have an engine number,it may be a no-go,

give them a call first
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 05:04:18 PM »
Honda only work to frame number, engine is no good.

Was this an import and do you have the import docs?

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 06:06:48 PM »
If it is not a Honda frame, DVLA will class it as a new vehicle, which means it will be allocated a current reg number, or possibly a Q plate. If they class it as a new vehicle it may be required to undergo single vehicle approval (SVA), and comply with all current regulations, lighting, emmissions, noise etc, and you may find that due to the eu poking their nose in again, all new motorcycles over 125cc MUST have A.B.S. So realistically, I think you need to start again with a Honda frame that is already registered, and have it modified to what you want. Otherwise you will be spending a lot of time and money chasing your tail and getting nowhere, and then you've got to find someone to insure it:-(
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline Tiny Tim

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 09:44:46 PM »
Hi I noticed the other day.
http://hondachopper.yuku.com/topic/56367/Amen-Savoir-frame-oil-tank-coil-box#.VXnyNnCkqrU

He has an early sohc Honda head stock by the sound of it for $75 with title. Maybe this could solve any registration problems you may have. Can't hurt to email him and ask if he'll ship to the UK.

Good luck with it.
Tim
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 09:49:52 PM by Tiny Tim »

Offline petersy

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 09:25:11 AM »
I recently got a dating cert,

Honda were very helpful,it cost £30 inc VAT,

send your request to

Honda (UK)
 Cain Rd
 Bracknell
 Berks

RG12 1HL

01344-888000

as you only have an engine number,it may be a no-go,

give them a call first

When I wrote to Honda (with frame and and engine numbers plus a£30 cheque) they didn't want to know, and returned my money with the excuse that they didn't keep records going back that far (1974).

The Honda owners Club however, were very helpful and sent me a dating certificate for my bike together with 12 months membership of the club for £30 if I remember right - plus any further dating certificates required during the year.

The DVLC took this as proof of dating and registered the bike with a 1974 age related number.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal