Author Topic: Starter Motor  (Read 4761 times)

Offline atlsec

• View Profile
Re: Starter Motor
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2015, 08:42:58 PM »
Hi Guys,
             Thank you for all your help . Have you ever been as red faced as I am now !!!!!!!!!!!! ,a bloody flat battery and an iffy solenoid caused these problems . Two sodding wasted days of work and a lot of your valuable time wasted as well .I do apologise for my stupidity . It goes to show that you must always look for the simple things first .I am going to lie down now ,I may be some time . Cheers ,Alan the stupid .

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2015, 08:52:29 PM »
Don't worry about it, we all do it.
You need the Ashimoto patented low voltage protection device. B8stards I worked for let the patent lapse so you can copy it. :D

http://www.google.co.uk/patents/US5604656

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 09:00:30 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2015, 09:02:00 PM »
The effort wasn't entirely wasted, at least you've checked and serviced the starter - most people don't bother with it.
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Offline atlsec

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2015, 09:23:19 PM »
Thanks Mike,
                     At least that makes me feel a bit better  ,your right to say that some things just get left because they still work but I can tell you I have the cleanest innards of any starter motor bar none now . Just to let you all know that I have just ordered all my new bodywork from Yamiya .I will let you know how good etc , Also I have used Marcel in Holland to do my dials .I sent them to him Parcelforce and they were smashed on arrival (more expense) so be warned and pack them well .
That's all for now ,Cheers ,Alan .

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2015, 03:08:13 PM »
Ash.... you never cease to amaze. You're on the wrong forum....... or is is this just forum #74 of many, with a 'Master Builder' moniker on NASA somewhere in the top 5?

In awe as always.

Atlsec... great!  At least you don't take it all too seriously to own up! Made me laugh, only because I've been there (too many times) myself!

Simon
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 03:10:39 PM by Lobo »

Offline atlsec

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2015, 04:35:15 PM »
Hi Simon ,
                I was also having a laugh at my own expense until the starter played up again !!!!.This time making a horrible whining noise and going slow .After a strip down again I noticed a wear mark on the armature as if rubbing on something ?. It turned to be an exceedingly worn end bush which you cannot spot when re-assembling allowing the armature to move laterally in the housing .Bought a replacement starter and all is well again . New bodywork here and is amazing quality (gold) .Also fitted new exhaust system ,not too difficult and looks gorgeous .I think when this bike is done I will put it on a pedestal and just look at it . Got the clocks back from Marcel ,he really knows his stuff and they also look new as well . Just waiting for my seat and shocks to arrive from the States and for Steve at Wheelwise to do his bit and we are almost done .Thanks for all your help in doing this ,Cheers , Alan .

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2015, 02:15:51 AM »
Sounds like no expense has been spared.... can't wait to see the pics.

Pedestal in the living room sounds ideal.... certainly way better to look at than the bloody telly.
I too used Marcel for my CB750 faces... what a great service. I may (ultimately) export my bike to Oz; he sent me a free KPH face FOC. Fantastic service.

Cheers again, and glad you've fully fettled that starter...
Simon.

Offline atlsec

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2015, 07:23:54 PM »
Hi Simon ,
                 Your right about the astronomic cost of doing the bike right . What amazes me though is the amount of bikes I see for sale as supposedly correct but even a newbie like me can spot the errors . It always seems to be the same things that people get wrong namely the seat  the shocks or the exhaust .As mine is a K1 I have had the extra expense of the K0 shocks and exhaust which is much more expensive than a K2 .I fitted these parts so if anyone looks at it I do not want the embarrassment of these things being pointed out to me . That does not mean I have got every thing right though . I am sure when I post the pics someone will tell me otherwise ,I hope .  Cheers Alan .

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2015, 06:17:30 AM »
Nice to have the bike spot on, but when it costs more than the bike is worth is it really necessary? I was outside my local Honda dealership with my restored 750F2 with the aftermarket exhaust (Motad), and the so called classic expert that works there asked me why I didn't have the standard 4 into 2 exhaust fitted. Glad I didn't go to the ridiculous expense of a NOS 4 into 1 now (that's if I could even find one). Very few people will spot the errors, and who cares anyway if its a superb looking bike. Just my opinion, hope I don't upset anyone. :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 07:43:34 AM by royhall »
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal