Author Topic: Idle screw and balance of carbs  (Read 947 times)

Offline mgy66

• View Profile
Idle screw and balance of carbs
« on: July 27, 2015, 08:26:02 PM »
Hello,

I have an unstable idle. I have checked all leakage, all tight, new silicons, new air filter, floatters at 25mm. I also went into the recommended WD40 to detect air entries, nothing. I have new pilot and main jets standards, 4 in 4 and standard air box with new filter...

I have noticed that when at idle, if the engine start reving up I have quite a good control from the throttle handle. I can close up the throttle and for it to rev down. So I am questioning whether my throttle really comes back to idle... though i can here the levy holding the carb needles hitting the idle screw when i let the spring and handle free.

Do you know what is the function of the gap / 'negative' throttle?

Do you know why is the idle screw so sensitive? It looks like there is nothing between a weak 1000 rpm and 3000 rpm. Would the position of the throttle cut away affect this, i.e do I need to play with the double bolts on top of the needles?

Thanks and sorry for the long post...

Offline Waggles

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Idle screw and balance of carbs
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 02:11:18 PM »
Think you need to start by balancing the carbs. You need a flowmeter and yes, the adjustment is on top of the carbs. If you don't have these then a local dealer should be able to help?

Just because you can hear slides clicking home doesn't mean they are ALL doing it at the same time.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal