Author Topic: CB400F exhaust  (Read 3025 times)

Offline MikeSB6

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
CB400F exhaust
« on: August 08, 2015, 11:38:10 AM »
Hello again,

can anyone please tell me if the later 80s-90s exhaust system will fit on the earlier 70s CB400F? Just the exhaust pipes, not the silencer. I'm thinking of fitting a Supertrapp silencer to whatever is fitted eventually,

Cheers, MikeJ

Online Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: CB400F exhaust
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 04:08:57 PM »
Totally different twin cam so I very much doubt it

Offline Chris400F

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 10:17:22 PM »
Have to agree with Bryan, so many possible parameters that would have to be the same for a different system to fit.
I suppose you could fit a different silencer to a standard or pattern header pipes and collector.
Maybe a period aftermarket exhaust would allow fitment of a different silencer, if you could find one.
Motad replacement system would be no use as collector is integral with the silencer, but try their eBay shop for pattern pipes/collector.
Or if you want to splash the cash then a bespoke system would fit the bill if you can find a good builder.

Offline motad_uk

• SOHC Associate
  • making exhausts in the uk since 1970
    • View Profile
    • MOTAD EXHAUSTS
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 08:54:14 AM »
we are making "our " version of the original pipes and collector in stainless at £160 delivered
this will allow a silencer to be fitted- a personal view but the Supertrapp baffling is VERY 70s! and could be improved

mail me on ianmcdonald@motad.co.uk

or sales@motad.co.uk after end of month as I am retiring
Motad uk

Offline Chris400F

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 11:55:30 AM »
we are making "our " version of the original pipes and collector in stainless at £160 delivered
I can understand some people's confusion at not being able to find this as it isn't obviously in the 2015 catalogue.
The only place I have seen these are in the Motad eBay shop, up for auction.

.... as I am retiring
Enjoy your retirement and thanks for your help in the past.
As a matter of interest do you know if there will be another Motad representative on these forums after you have retired?

Offline motad_uk

• SOHC Associate
  • making exhausts in the uk since 1970
    • View Profile
    • MOTAD EXHAUSTS
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 12:31:27 PM »
classic Hondas are important to Motad- 4-1 for both 500 and 750 fours were the first systems made 40 years ago- so we want to keep in touch

Luke and Dan in sales will continue to be available on sales@motad.co.uk but I am handing this over for them to be looking at the forum and being of assistance
Motad uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal