Author Topic: DS posted this  (Read 3844 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
DS posted this
« on: August 12, 2015, 11:41:02 PM »
"After a year of trial and error we can now present our new metal based authentic looking seat which includes the rubbers and owners manual lid for a mere £69 + Vat (if app). We have managed to keep them at this low price through mass production so order a second one for a friend, or a bike you might buy at:

https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/CB750K2-FOUR-1972/part_105077/

We have yet again run out of the muffler kits (Because the factory have a very high reject rate and production is slow), as a consequence we have a limited number of factory seconds which are outstanding value.To find fault, you have to look fairly closely. See or order them at :

https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/CB750K2-FO%E2%80%A6/part_207170/

Turn that £2k bike into a £5k bike!"
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 11:47:55 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: DS posted this
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 07:29:41 AM »
Is he trying to pull the wool over your eyes Ash ? The seat has the right pan but, the wrong cover for a K2. Good for a range of USA 750's or UK 750K6  ;)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 09:26:29 AM »
Is he trying to pull the wool over your eyes Ash ? The seat has the right pan but, the wrong cover for a K2. Good for a range of USA 750's or UK 750K6  ;)

Just trying to pass on info from his FB page for anyone who's interested, as the pipes in particular looked like a good price to me, plus how much would a decent metal pan and foam cost?. Personally I don't need any of that stuff as I only own the K0 and won't ever buy another 750. However, I maintain he and David at Saisei are helping us along the way with our resto's. Probably only one of the two 'Davids' is making a lot out of it but it's early days for Saisei and we should be championing him on here IMHO.

DS had some bikes at Mecum Auction last week  plus there were loads more there but hardly anyone there and hence nobody really bidding. Reckon there would have been some incredible bargain there.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 03:37:28 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 11:47:42 AM »
Thank you Ash for sharing this info but, I wonder how many people have jumped the gun and bought a seat that is wrong for a K2. I hate false info just for profit and can't understand why DSS just did not put the right pattern cover on in the first place.

Offline MCTID

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 03:50:11 PM »
The DS seat looks just like the one fitted to my 1974 K4 US model.....with regards to the top panel and the number and layout of the rectangular sections....I have been looking for some time for a replacement seat cover, but those I have seen don't look anything like my old one and more importantly for me (I'm not a purist) is whatever I buy MUST have the HONDA logo on the rear. The exhausts are interesting as I imported a set of 'no number' 300's last year from the US which cost me £1430 (with shipping, Customs Duty and VAT) so I have snapped up a set of DS 'seconds' and I'll take my chances on them being OK. In DS's favour, £6 for shipping them is really good......to be honest DS does sell a lot of parts which are fairly priced compared to some Suppliers who seem to think that because something is 'old' it's worth 10 times the normal or expected price. Coming from a Manufacturing background, I believe that DS must make savings through quantity purchases and like anything else.......if we want to keep a healthy supply of parts for our bikes, then we should support DS as much as we can.
Now: 2008 CB1300S, CB750K4, 1970 Bonneville. Various other 1960's 650 Triumph T120's/ TR6's/ TR6C's (all in bits...many, many bits unfortunately). Previous: 2007 CB600FA, 1976 CB500 Four. BMW F800ST. GS750E. ZZR1100. CB1300 (2). ZXR1200S. VFR800. CB750 Nighthawk. CX500. XS500 Yam. Suzuki GT500. BSA A10. Various Lambrettas. Zundapp Bella (honest).

Offline haynes66

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 05:17:43 PM »
i placed an order recently with DS, mainly because i type in the part number i need and there it is! easy. i cant find that on the saisei site.
honda firestorm
silverwing 600 scooter
honda britain project
phil read rep project
YGS1 80cc yamaha
LE Velocette

Offline Chris400F

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 05:26:50 PM »
whatever I buy MUST have the HONDA logo on the rear.
Many covers nowadays come without a logo - something to do with IPR owned by Honda I think.
If you buy a cover without a logo it is easy to apply one using a template from Piki on this forum or eBay and suitable spray paint.
I needed a new cover and wanted the logo but I wasn't going to turn down a perfectly good cover that didn't have a logo, just
fitted the cover then added the logo afterwards - it's not difficult.

I agree about some parts from DS being good value, but you need to look around and check (as with many things).

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 11:37:13 PM »
I got this back from DS ( I know that the K2 had 4 'panels' imprint at the rear as there was one of those seats on my K0 when I bought it but I still maintain it looks a good price). Perhaps he can offer two versions, pretty sure Morretti will have the 4-panel imprint tool.

"Hi Ash,
Someone has flagged to me the that an SOHC forum member has stated that the pattern on our CB750K2 seat is wrong. Attached are photos of the seat that

Honda were supplying for the CB750K2 for the past 25 years, up until they were no longer available last year and our seat.
I cannot see the difference myself…

Best Regards
David"

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 11:52:58 PM by AshimotoK0 »

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 12:26:10 AM »
This is a K2 seat cover.

Though I had a K2 bike in from Germany with a three panel pattern. The 3 square across x 18 squares was used in the USA on some late K2's, K3, K4, K5, K6 and the UK K6.
Which one looks like the one you had Ash ?

Is that DSS showing a seat with a Honda logo on it ?  ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 12:36:38 AM by Trigger »

Offline MCTID

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2015, 08:02:43 AM »
The photos of the two seats which DS has posted are comparing the original Honda seat and the version which DS is now offering. Given that a new seat cover is about £40, a strap and fittings may be another £20 and the 'chrome' trim another £20 - if bought separately from the numerous Suppliers offering these parts, it makes the DS seat an attractive purchase.......and at a price that you could afford to keep your original seat in the loft and fit a pattern replacement........IMHO.
Now: 2008 CB1300S, CB750K4, 1970 Bonneville. Various other 1960's 650 Triumph T120's/ TR6's/ TR6C's (all in bits...many, many bits unfortunately). Previous: 2007 CB600FA, 1976 CB500 Four. BMW F800ST. GS750E. ZZR1100. CB1300 (2). ZXR1200S. VFR800. CB750 Nighthawk. CX500. XS500 Yam. Suzuki GT500. BSA A10. Various Lambrettas. Zundapp Bella (honest).

Offline Chris400F

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2015, 09:06:30 AM »
I suspect that the seat with the logo is the one that Honda supplied until they were no longer available.
But it does seem to mean that if you buy the DS seat and want the logo you still have to add it yourself.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2015, 09:21:11 AM »
I suspect that the seat with the logo is the one that Honda supplied until they were no longer available.
But it does seem to mean that if you buy the DS seat and want the logo you still have to add it yourself.

Spot on Chris .. I should have marked the photo's better.

Offline kettle738

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2015, 02:14:59 PM »
Here is a snap of my CB750K2 when I had it....the bike came to me totally original with just 1,200m from new but horribly corroded from poor storage.

Certain parts were so hard to find I ended up using modern patterns...(DID 'scripted' rims even  :o)...but a better seat eluded me entirely.

This one as per another posting shows square not oblong pattern to the seat printing....it's a huge shame DS didn't get that one right because the devil is always in the detail with restorations, and original K2 seats are pure unobtanium.

That said, like most of us I've had plenty of cause to be hugely grateful to DS for doing what he does and long may he continue.

Mick......kettle738 [ Guests cannot view attachments ]  

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2015, 07:37:50 PM »
That is one very nice 750K2 with the correct pattern on the seat  ;) Love the plate on that one.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal