Author Topic: M&P rear mudguard  (Read 1643 times)

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
M&P rear mudguard
« on: August 15, 2015, 08:38:24 AM »
Anyone following my rebuild thread (CB350F restoration by royhall) will know that I have been having difficulty with the pattern back mudguard. It was bought from M&P about 4 months ago to replace the very rusty original that came on the bike, and I have just got to the point where its being fitted.

Well it doesn't fit. The front screws are good but the side screws wont go anywhere near. Fixed that with the dremmel (will cold galvanise all the insides later) but the back light is nowhere near.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Check the out of line on the back light. The drillings are a mile out.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Although I bought it months ago, M&P have refunded me £30 (which they didn't have to do) and they say all the stock is the same. This is a repeating theme, wish I had spent the money on a secondhand guard and got it re-chromed.

In a nutshell, be warned these mudguards are crap (same part for 350 &400) but M&P are excellent.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 08:43:36 AM by royhall »
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: M&P rear mudguard
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 09:24:49 AM »
Bummer but good on M&P .
Wonder what the DS ones are like?
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 01:22:56 PM »
I was told by M&P that they all come from the same supplier. So I would imagine the DSS ones are a lottery as well. I think the good ones are just made by accident as the M&P stock all had different faults.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline Mike on a bike

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 03:12:35 PM »
M&P's is only 2 minutes from my home, they are always happy to resolve problems, not that I have had many. I knew Mark (the M in M&P's) when he started his shop in the mid 70's. Bought one of the first 500/4 4into1 Motad systems off him. Thereafter he nicknamed me Motad Mike!  :P
The boy has done well for himself. He has got a lovely collection of old bikes. z900 and 2 Kettles, custon harley. and goodness knows what else stashed away! He is now the only Harley dealer in Wales.
I'm not a complete idiot.....some parts are still missing.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal