Author Topic: 350/4 Arizona Resto  (Read 3827 times)

Offline Bullit

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
350/4 Arizona Resto
« on: August 25, 2015, 01:51:53 PM »
Hi guys I'm new to the forum and thought I'd share my bike with you all. Just been imported from Arizona and am looking forward to the tear down so I can start building it back up. It won't be totally standard it will have a few tweeks here and there.
I do have a few questions I need answering which I'll post up later but for now here she is(hopefully)

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: 350/4 Arizona Resto
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 02:12:42 PM »
Hi Bullit - welcome to the forum. I think there are two other forum members who are currently restoring 350f's - RoyHall and TinyTim. I think Roy has pretty much completed his and Tim is mid-way through. I'm sure they'll chime in and say hello. Best of luck with the bike. James.

Offline Tiny Tim

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 02:25:46 PM »
Hi Bullit.
Good luck with the 350, decent parts can take time to find but they are out there.
Have a look in Italy, Germany and France. Also check out the two links I posted on the forum for new and used spares.
Cheers
Tim

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 04:40:55 PM »
Hi Bullit and welcome to the forum. You certainly like a challenge. Believe it or not your bike is actually green (candy Bacchus Olive) the sun fades that colour to its blue base coat. If you need any help just ask. Check out my rebuild thread "CB350F rebuild by royhall" and TinyTim is also doing a rebuild thread. You may find them useful. Good luck.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline Bullit

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 07:08:33 PM »
Thanks for the welcomes. This will hopefully be less of a challenge than my last project. RGV in boxes, at least this time I know where all the parts came from.

The first port of call will be to fire it up briefly to make sure there are no nasty noises from the motor before pulling the bike to pieces.
I have a few styling/modifications in mind but will ultimately be letting it evolve as it goes back together.

Couple of questions as I didn't do as much research as I normally do as I didn't want to let it slip through my fingers.
What grade of oil?
What spark plugs?
Should there be an ignition switch? (I can't find one)
Will it need lead replacement in the fuel?

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 07:45:19 PM »
I'm not too familiar with the 350F, but, oil, 10w40, tesco diesel oil is a good price and the correct spec. Yes,ignition switch is normally under the front of the fuel tank, on the left. as you sit on it, and unleaded petrol is fine, no addative needed
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 08:21:46 AM »
If you don't have the Honda workshop manual its here on my 'Dropbox'

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1n3w5433jkph228/350F%20400F%20_4%20Shop%20Manual.pdf?dl=0

See all of the warnings on pattern standard exhausts on here!

Cheers and welcome ... Ash
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 09:44:37 AM »
Thanks for reminding me Ash. Yes the pattern exhaust thing. I've been neglecting to moan about it recently. Be very careful what you buy on the exhaust front, the Sankei replacements (from anywhere in the world) are garbage. Check out the pictures on my build thread, you wont believe the welding.

Here's a taster.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline Bullit

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 10:44:18 AM »
Thanks for the warning about the exhausts. I'm hoping to not need new ones as there seems to be very little rust on it except the seat base which has completely rotted out.

I will have to download the app later so I can look at that manual which will come in handy.

Offline Bullit

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 06:16:45 PM »
So Iv just cleared out the shed to make room for the bike and had a closer inspection. Gona need a long list of parts I reckon.
Will get some pics up shortly.

Offline Bullit

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2015, 08:59:37 PM »
No wonder I didn't see the ignition switch... It's been swapped out for a toggle switch, that's broken

Looks like it's had some new barrels at some point in its life as they're not as tarnished as the crank cases and head

Offline Bullit

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2015, 06:15:47 PM »
Got a couple of hours down the shed and the engine is out 😃
They missed a step in the manual though, take the breather box off the top.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal