Author Topic: rear guard  (Read 5129 times)

Offline shifter

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: rear guard
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2015, 01:25:11 AM »
Is it a UK bike or USA import? If its UK and anything like the 750 UK you will find that almost all UK ones are rusted out. I recently paid over 250 quid for a NOS UK one for the 750.
The 4-hole USA one is similar but the holes are in a different position so the UK rear lamp sits at an angle. Avoid the repro ones from Vietnam, they don't look very good to me and still pricey.

Try DK if you want a USA version you can sometimes hit lucky with them and make a silly offer..

Notice you have an S90 ... nice little bike that.

Cheers Ash.   
Thanks guys for your replies, sorry I haven't replied sooner, as just got in after helping my son with his zx10 track bike late night again 😴, the guard I have isn't too bad (just being picky) chrome very good ,as the are a couple of rivet indentations in the chrome work , so unless I can pick one up very cheap (OAP£££ ) I might ? Stick with it , or perhaps get them filled then rechromed @ a later date as I have only recently bought the bike ,want get a few miles in, Thanks again chaps , forum 👍
Thanks guys for your replies, sorry I haven't replied sooner, as just got in after helping my son with his zx10 track bike late night again 😴, the guard I have isn't too bad (just being picky) chrome very good ,as the are a couple of rivet indentations in the chrome work , so unless I can pick one up very cheap (OAP£££ ) I might ? Stick with it , or perhaps get them filled then rechromed @ a later date as I have only recently bought the bike ,want get a few miles in, Thanks again chaps , forum 👍
.     Yes Ash, I like my little S90 sohc
" RIDDEN NOT HIDDEN"

Moto morini 250 2c
Cb200
S90

Offline Ashdowner

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2015, 09:45:03 AM »
Ring John at "On All Fours" on 0114 288 9465 or e-mail john@onallfours.freeserve.co.uk. I know he has new ones for 400/4's and he might be able to source one for a 550. Pretty sure that the 550 I bought has got a new one on so someone must be making them.
CB550K3, CB550K1, Yamaha Midnight Star, and CA77 in 2473 pieces (at the last count)

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2015, 09:54:33 AM »
3 hole ones can be still found but, not the 4 hole guards.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2015, 10:36:29 AM »
Ring John at "On All Fours" on 0114 288 9465 or e-mail john@onallfours.freeserve.co.uk. I know he has new ones for 400/4's and he might be able to source one for a 550. Pretty sure that the 550 I bought has got a new one on so someone must be making them.

Bl**dy hell I hope he's a bit more receptive with you and less grumpy that he is on his stand at Stafford every time I have been there plus his new parts are Silver+ prices..
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Ashdowner

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2015, 08:50:54 PM »

Bl**dy hell I hope he's a bit more receptive with you and less grumpy that he is on his stand at Stafford every time I have been there plus his new parts are Silver+ prices..

As a Yorkshireman myself I have to say that he is the dourest and least engaging soul of God's own Shire that I have ever met. He doesn't motivate you in any way to buy anything from him.   

CB550K3, CB550K1, Yamaha Midnight Star, and CA77 in 2473 pieces (at the last count)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal