Author Topic: Freddythefatfrog 750s  (Read 5167 times)

Offline pablo

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile

Offline vintage honda

• View Profile
Re: Freddythefatfrog 750s
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 07:26:04 PM »
buyer beware comes to mind..

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 10:40:19 PM »
UK Pete is your man to comment as he has bought loads off him.
If I have ever emailed freddy (don't call him Freddy BTW)  I have never got a reply.
He's probably OK but doesn't sound too friendly to me so I wonder how he'd respond if you had an 'after sales' problem. I personally like the two classic sales guys at DK, Neil & Mark. They are always up for a deal if you go in there plus a deal if a bike doesn't sell 1st time round and very friendly and approachable.

I did buy some 750 parts off 'Freddy' once off a mega low mileage 'stolen recovered' engine. They were pretty pricey but well packed, free delivery and superb condition. If you look in Vic World's recommendations  for his sandcast bikes he has sold there is a commendation from what I believe could possibly  be 'Freddy', so guess he may own one Vics bikes.

http://worldmotorcycles.com/Pages/Testimonials.html

Ash
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 08:07:11 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Woodside

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 07:21:24 AM »
I've only had one dealing with him...not good.
At the end of the day he's seems to be in it for the money...I understand that completely.
But what I didn't like was that he will say whatever you want to hear to make the sale .
when I did contact him with an issue he was rude to the point of aggressive ..
never again

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 08:34:06 AM »
Same experience here - bought my first US import from him 4 years ago. Was fine until he had my money. Made me feel 'second class' after that. To be fair, some of his stock is ok.

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 08:43:07 AM »
Sound's like a guy you don't want to give your money to. If his business went flat he may get the hint. Can't be doing with rude arrogant buggers. 😠

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 10:18:33 AM »
Waiting for UKPete to chip in on this one as he's had lots of dealings with him on bikes and parts, I think
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 02:03:54 PM »
I have had good dealings with the guy, but it sounds like i am the only one so far, from what i can understand is he has dealt with so many idiots in the past it has left him a bit short of good will and customer service, i would definitely buy from him again if he has something i want, i dont think he is out to rip people off, just make himself a living and while people keep buying his stuff then he wont see anything wrong with his attitude
pete

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 03:54:50 PM »
Fair comments Pete and to be fair my only dealings directly with him was over 4 years ago and might have caught him at a bad time I guess.

Offline pablo

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2015, 07:58:37 AM »
Thanks for all the feedback. Balance of opinion seems to be its not the most pleasant experience. I'll continue my search for a 750 via here,eBay,Oxford classic and DK

Pablo

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2015, 08:30:23 AM »
To be fair that bike looks fairly nice and it runs so not so much of a gamble as some imported bikes.
I am regularly in touch with a restorer of 750 sandcasts, whose opinion I  have always value second to none on CB750's. He knows freddy (Will) quite well and Will even personally imported a bike for him. He speaks well of him but says he just 'doesn't suffer fools gladly' with obvious echoes of what Pete is saying. +1 on the Oxford Classics guy as he seems to describe his bikes pretty well and honestly. Dunno if James on here has anything to offer you but you are geographically a long way away to look at these bikes 'in the flesh'.

Cheers ... Ash

Offline pablo

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2015, 09:23:52 AM »
Yeah that's the problem it can cost £300 and a couple of days off to go to see something that might be sold by the time you get there or take a chance and buy on the strength of photos and a sense the seller is fair in their description.
I will at some point take the plunge once I have cleared the garage a bit. I'm 50 next year so I have it in mind as a present to myself. There's no rush as I have my 400 and a vfr but before next May June would be ideal.

Offline tom400f

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2015, 01:17:51 PM »
1978 CB400F2 Yellow
1995 VFR750FS Red
1997 VFR750FV Lapis Blue
2013 Yamaha FZ8 Grey

Offline pablo

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2015, 01:42:31 PM »
Yeah great minds think alike!

2001 vfr800
1976 400/4
1978 550/4 not on road.

Offline Tiny Tim

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2015, 02:20:23 PM »
I bought my 350 from DK and found them very helpful from start to finish and I've received a bit of discount on parts since buying the bike.

The guy at Oxford classic's is another very friendly and helpful chap. Visited his unit a few months ago and spent 45mins or so chatting about the bikes he had for sale. No hard sell and more than happy to answer any questions.

A few years ago I had dealings with a well known Kawasaki triples dealer from up north. A con man and a complete tool. Avoid at all costs (no it wasn't Rick Brett)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal