Author Topic: Seating plan revision  (Read 1132 times)

Offline Bullit

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Seating plan revision
« on: September 16, 2015, 10:43:23 AM »
Iv always like clean lines and not a lot of clutter on my old cars so the plan for the bike was along the same lines. I intended to fit a cafe racer style seat unit allowing me to reposition the battery etc underneath the hump clearing out the central area of the frame.
BUT.... the Mrs has got all nostalgic and wants to be able to get on the back like when we first got together and go to the pub or cafe on a nice day/eve. Now I can't tell her to jog on as I need her on board when it comes to throwing money at the bike lol.

So now Iv babbled on for a bit ill get to the point.
Does anybody do a flat seat like the pic specifically for the 350? Or am I limited to making a universal one fit?
Does anybody have a pic of the universal ones fitted?
http://silodrome.com/honda-cb750-cafe-racer/

Offline Bodd

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Seating plan revision
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 11:16:03 AM »
I got my cafe seat off ebay from some guys in Greece who also do these flat seats which look very similar underneath, it did mean drilling and cutting the frame and fabricating a rear end but with the flat seat I bet you can add a frame hoop like this easily enough.

Offline Bullit

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 01:56:55 PM »
Hi Bodd thanks for your reply. Iv seen his seats on eBay and have also eyed up those frame hoops this lunchtime but didn't know how well they'd match up/look
I'm actually in the middle of reading through your 400 build

Offline Bodd

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 03:11:37 PM »
You will notice I also made a seating plan revision  :D
I sold the original seat I made on ebay last week along with a load of other stuff I didn't use, I paid £395 for the bike and sold the stuff I didn't use, wheel rims, tank, indicators, headlamp frame, airbox parts etc. for more than £500 including the seat and an exhaust I made.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 03:13:41 PM by Bodd »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal