SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB350/400

CB350F a couple of easy questions

<< < (2/4) > >>

royhall:
Mike.
What's a plastic doofer.
My parts book doesn't show any additional vent bits on the 350F. Fairly sure the airbox spigot must connect to something though as it would pull in unfiltered air if it was an open drain hose?

Bullit:
When I stripped mine the other day the breather and the drain both joint and then went down between then engine and swing arm. I'll see if I can find it a take a pic for you.

royhall:
Thanks Bullit. Did it have a small filter like device attached anywhere?

Lobo:
Hi Roy,

This of any use - CB400F? One of the 'tubes' has a pinch end which normally seals but is pinched during maintenance to release any build up - it'd make sense it being the air manifold .... but I'm away from my bike & can't verify.

Cheers,
Simon

royhall:
Thanks Lobo. The 350 doesn't have the breather chamber under the air filter (it wasn't on the bike and it's not in the parts diagram). Looks like both breathers rocker and plenum chamber are just dumped to atmosphere beneath the bike. I guess they got a bit more Eco in 1975. Parts book just shows two plain pipes? Surely the plenum chamber pipe will be blocked during normal running or it will draw unfiltered air through the open pipe?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version