Author Topic: Found Cruzinimage in Japan Auctions at last  (Read 5573 times)

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Bodd

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Found Cruzinimage in Japan Auctions at last
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 07:24:49 PM »
Is that the same company as this ? If so I can vouch or their pistons, I used them in my RD and they have been great so far, unlike the Mitaka's which were $h!+e

jimv50

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 11:44:02 PM »
Thanks for the tip off.
I went on the eBay site last night for a good browse and nearly everything is cheaper than elsewhere, as for quality I'll find out soon.
I'm going to order the carb rebuild kit, carb rubbers, brake rebuild kit, and rear brake shoes.
As I'm in Kobe for another few more weeks they should arrive quickly.

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 08:34:45 AM »
Is that the same company as this ? If so I can vouch or their pistons, I used them in my RD and they have been great so far, unlike the Mitaka's which were $h!+e

Yes .. it is . I was trying to import directly from Japan but their Japanese prices look a bit steeper than I expected at first glance (still cheap though).
Good to see feedback on using their pistons.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 10:53:58 AM »
Thanks for the tip off.
I went on the eBay site last night for a good browse and nearly everything is cheaper than elsewhere, as for quality I'll find out soon.
I'm going to order the carb rebuild kit, carb rubbers, brake rebuild kit, and rear brake shoes.
As I'm in Kobe for another few more weeks they should arrive quickly.

Have fitted over a 100 piston ring kits, more than 20 piston kits and lost count on carb kits fitted. Never had a problem with any of there parts, delivery is within two weeks.

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 11:59:24 AM »

Big difference between price in Japan and Uk though. What's the 'landed' 'legal' price in the UK Graham you pay? Japan price conversion includes Japan tax.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 12:06:19 PM »
Don't worry Ash, I get a good deal from them. Never payed import tax on there goods ;)

Offline Bodd

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 12:21:22 PM »
I had to pay £8 import and £5 handling to the Royal Mail before they would deliver my RD pistons in 2012, still cheaper than the £23 it cost to get them to hand over my 400/4 velocity stacks from America earlier this year.

jimv50

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 02:33:14 AM »
Finding it very difficult to make progress on delivering items to a Japanese address, and with the Japanese tax it does get a bit more expensive.
I think I'll get stuff delivered back to Ireland and not have the hassle and weight of carrying 'suspicious looking' parts through airports.
It's still bloody hot here, went to the football yesterday, Kobe got beat  :-\

Offline stevush

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2015, 10:37:27 AM »
I emailed these yesterday, I need a +0.5 rebore but unfortunately they dont have a set of pistons +0.5mm, but they do have  a (466) big bore kit (all 4 pistons rings etc) for £75 + postage. When comparing this with a single piston at nearly £40 from DS, it almost seems to good to be true. Am I missing something or is this as good as it seems ?

Thanks
Steve

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2015, 11:16:01 AM »
No,it's not a con, the big bore kit piston kits they sell are very good quality. The main issue is the amount of import duty and V.A.T. you will have to pay if it gets checked at customs, plus royal snail's p#sstake fee on top of that for acting as tax/duty collectors. If you're lucky it may slip through unchecked, but they do seem to be tightening up these days.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2015, 11:19:55 AM »
Nothing wrong with the big bore kits. Just shows how some parts people made 4.5 million in 2013

Offline stevush

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2015, 12:07:05 PM »
I was hoping that was the case  :) I'm not interested in the big bore kit but I'm wondering if they remanufacture the 0.5mm piston kit that I'm after, is it worth hanging on for a while or will I have to look elsewhere ?

After what I've read I have no concerns about the quality and I'm prepared to take a chance on the import costs, probably still cheaper in the long run

Thanks
Steve

Offline philward

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2015, 12:39:46 PM »
I was hoping that was the case  :) I'm not interested in the big bore kit but I'm wondering if they remanufacture the 0.5mm piston kit that I'm after, is it worth hanging on for a while or will I have to look elsewhere ?

After what I've read I have no concerns about the quality and I'm prepared to take a chance on the import costs, probably still cheaper in the long run

Thanks
Steve
I can vouch for the 750 big bore kit (std compression too) - done 500 miles so far and no problems - I bought for same reason after research from .net forum (hondaman) said there ok . Also bought brake hoses which where good too - didn't pay import duty either.

Yes .. it is . I was trying to import directly from Japan but their Japanese prices look a bit steeper than I expected at first glance (still cheap though).
Good to see feedback on using their pistons.
Current Bikes:-
Honda CB750K2 (1975)
Honda CB500K2 (12/1972)
Honda CR750 Replica (1972)
Honda CB350K0 (1969)
Kawasaki ZZR1100D3 (1995)
Kawasaki ZZR250 (1990) Project (Going on eBay ASAP)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal