Author Topic: Year Of Manufacture letter  (Read 5275 times)

Offline Chris400F

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Year Of Manufacture letter
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2015, 02:32:55 PM »
I'm in the same boat as you, Chris. I waited weeks for Honda to write to me, with no stamp, to tell me they won't help. I'm now into the 3rd week of waiting for VJMC, but I don't like to hassle volunteers. I'm still frustrated while the weather is so good, to have another bike I can't ride. (I already have a collection of parts that would make a Harley Sportster, if only the engine wasn't FUBAR, and waiting for other people to pull their finger out).
My application went in over the Christmas period so I wasn't expecting (or needing) a rapid turnaround.
In the New Year I dropped a polite email to them to enquire how progress was going and unexpectedly got a
phone call from Geoff Ward, the chap who sorts it. Had quite a long chat with him - he seems a nice guy, and
knowledgeable about bikes - and got the letter shortly afterwards.
So I'm sure a quick email just to enquire on progress would do no harm, if you want to check.

I've never understood why Honda say they can only provide information on UK supplied bikes but that seems to be how it is.
Still a bit of a pain when they don't even seem to be able to manage that sometimes - I did get mine on the second attempt.

FUBAR - now there's a phrase that I haven't heard recently, must date back to the 90's?

Offline El__burro

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Year Of Manufacture letter
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2015, 11:09:00 PM »
Are dating letter "issuer" all the same or some out there could be not good?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal